Help, Mushroom Invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, Mushroom Invasion

Hello my friends. I’m growing indoors in soil. It’s a mix of fox farms ocean forest and happy frog. And now I’m growing mushrooms too. what should I do, pull them out?
    Attached Files

Ok when you break one and smell it, does it smell like the south end of a north bound buffalo, or does it smell earthy? Does it turn purple on the broken area?
    As far as I know, they are not a problem.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Rwise! I haven't pulled or broken any of them. I figured i'ld let them grow, for now. maybe i should eat one, LOL

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I would not suggest eating them without extensive IDing them. Some are deadly! However, the old native Americans tell me that if they smell earthy they are OK, but if they smell like the other, dont eat them!

I've grown many mushrooms in my pots but never had them grow that big, very impressive. Mushrooms are very good for your soil feeding the critters that feed your plants and helps break down the organic material all of which also creates food for your plants. I might be wrong on which one eats the other but I definitely remember it's all good stuff. Lol Happy Thanksgiving y'all
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Found these big shrooms growing near our house a couple years ago. Outside but some of the biggest I have seen.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice fairy ring!

I do quite a bit of mushroom foraging. Rule of thumb, if you can't 100% ID it don't eat it... lol With that being said, If you can take some better pics of the top and bottom of the caps I can help with an ID.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I found a "chicken of the woods" last year, didn't find any this year, or the years before. Luv mushrooms!

Comment

It's been a weird year for foraging this year. Started off really wet then we had a drought all summer and fall. All my regular spots were dry as a bone. We found about 10% of what we found last season.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X