Here we go again... #14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again... #14

So a new adventure begins! 11/15/2020 Sunday. Started germination with 6 new seeds (No, don't know what they are, son gave them to me). 1st 1 in soil on 11/19. 2 more the next day 11/20. 1 more on 11/22, and 2 more 11/23. Waiting on 1 more to see if it pops open. I think the weather change has affected how long it took to geminate these this time. the spacing of the plants popping up is what I have to consider now, being more cautious to time in growth. Fresh and new FFOF ( no recycled soil) for this go round. As of today, this is what it is. The very beginnings of Grow #14.

Right there with ya NuggetMan and i will post my grow once the seeds pop through the soil. I just got them in dirt after 2 days germ with the seeds. I put mine in a wet paper towel small piece placed into baggie they sit about 3ft from the woodstove nice and warm humid inside baggy. I got 4 going and it's the wedding cake that had not cracked yet so it's going on day 3 in the towel. Let's get this show going
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NuggetMan
      NuggetMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Just curious to know, how did your last grow go??? I got 4 jars of buds curing right now...

let the adventure begin! That is awesome. Lots of people popping thanksgiving seeds. Enjoy the grow!

Comment

Kool !! Keep it coming
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Happy thanksgiving to everyone!!! Grow on!!!

Comment

***UPDATE*** 11/30/2020. Unfortunately 1 did not make it. Somehow it got upside down and the stem was sticking up! So I flipped it thinking it would make it, but to no avail. I am germinating a few more just to play it safe and replace the dead one.

Comment

12/06/2020. Since the weather has now drastically changed, I have noticed slower plant growth. Normally my room during summer stay around 80 degrees and humidity in the sweet spot. Now my room stays around 70 - 72 degrees which is still o.k. but it does affect growth. Even germinating seeds took longer than "normal". May have to break out a small heater just to bump the temp up a bit. As of right now I have 3 that are 2 weeks old and my new seedlings are in cups.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              None are in my tent yet still at the seedling station under t-5 but i checked my zipped up tent just to see the temp inside without lights on and it's in the 60's. I figure once these get in there and lights on it will heat the whole bedroom more. I don't use extra heating probley should it helps. Mine were rather slow the first 10days above ground but i do believe they acclimated to lower room temps. Just abit slower till they hit the tent then all them roots will explode into top growth, that's what i'm thinking.

12/17/2020 - I though I would update the progress of my "offset" grow. The first plant is at 1 month of veg today, the other 2 are 1 month tomorrow as you can see here. The other 3 were germinated later due to earlier attempt only produced 3 viable seeds, the others never popped. At this point, only using fresh FFOF (no recycled soil this time) and not using any nutrients at all, just what is in the soil. From getting planted to the next size pot, gives me approximately 30 days before nutrients are needed (still have 1 more transplant to do before transition week and going back to my 5 gallon pots instead of the 3 gallon pots I was currently using so this will extend the time for not having to use nutrients) and also being aware of the calcium issue with FFOF. The first 3 plants will get their 1st nutrient feeding today and tomorrow of just FF Big Bloom only since it is an organic nutrient, I see no need for using Grow Big (not organic, synthetic) either as they look quite healthy right now. I am taking a different approach this time around concerning the use nutrients and when/how often to use them and how much to use as well. I have in the past used FF products at full strenght and at weaker mixes to see what it produces and have had varied results. I only have 4 more weeks to go before these are ready to flip to flower. With the exception of the smaller three, these will be done approximately 1 -2 weeks later???
            Last edited by NuggetMan; 12-18-2020, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Really good growth NuggetMan so you do not know the sex of these?
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NuggetMan
                NuggetMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Unfortunately no, how can you tell after just 1 month? I see short fat leaves which indicates the possibility of it being Indica but this can change as the plant gets more mature. Too early to determine sex right now... 2 out of three have already been topped, will have to re-pot so I can get my LST going.

Merry Christmas to all!!! Just a quick update, I have already transplanted my 2nd set of 3 into 1 gallon pots. Due to the 2 week difference in age, I had to make two different running calendars to keep track of their ages! The 1st set have really taken off (they are at 5 weeks of vegging) and the 2nd set (3 weeks vegging) have nice root development when re-potted. I think this will stretch out my supply for a while! I have had to do my re-potting inside, it's just been too cold!!! So here is 1st set at 5 weeks: Click image for larger version  Name:	Plant #1.jpg Views:	47 Size:	2.23 MB ID:	476746Click image for larger version  Name:	Plant #2.jpg Views:	45 Size:	2.74 MB ID:	476747Click image for larger version  Name:	Plant #3.jpg Views:	45 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	476748 Here is 2nd set at 3 weeks and re-pot: Click image for larger version  Name:	Plants 4, 5, & 6.jpg Views:	44 Size:	2.63 MB ID:	476750 And at this point, no nutrients have been used, solely pH 6.4 water and I have 1 more re-pot to do which in turn extends my time during vegging without having to use nutrients. I calculated by the time they get to transition week, that is when nutrients for flower period will come into play as by then the FFOF soil should be already starting to break down what it has (remember, supposidly the time frame is 30 days before nutrients are necessary with the 1 exception of Cal-Mag which this soil does not have alot of as I have found out during my past grows. Basically they are being vegged as technically "organic" until transition, by then is when flowering nutrients will come into play.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NuggetMan; 12-29-2020, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Still going strong and looking good. Nice stuff and thanks for the update

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201227_100427.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	477144Click image for larger version

Name:	20201227_100446.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	477145Click image for larger version

Name:	20201227_100450.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	477146Click image for larger version

Name:	20201227_100505.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	477147 Yesterday I noticed my #1 & #2 plants was starting to look a little droopyish (#3 was ok still) and the soil was a little dry so I watered them. Time went by and I noticed they had not rebounded like they normally do so I decided to go ahead and do the last replant into 5 gallon pots (again fresh FFOF, no nutrients) and a good thing I did as they all had very nice root developement, so I would have to say they were starting to get rootbound. Well this morning I look at them and they look much happier today than yesterday! Only 3 more weeks until transition week! Now that #1-3 plants are in final pots, I can begin doing my LST as well as #1 is more than tall enough where topped, #2 is not far behind to start LST and #3 has not been topped yet. It's a little difficult to get a good shot of #1 because it is more in the middle than being up close, I'm shooting between the lights.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	The Trick.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	479470Click image for larger version  Name:	How did I do this.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	479469 Fixed a lighting issue, getting rid of the gap. Took a twisty tie and hooked the 2 light grids together. you don't notice it unless you look close enough.
                    Last edited by NuggetMan; 01-05-2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Set 1 will be 7 weeks into veg this coming Thursday for Plant 1 (so far the tallest and has been topped and LST'ed), Friday for Plant 2 (2nd tallest, topped not LST'ed yet, not quite tall enough to do). This coming Sunday for Plant 3 (which has not been topped yet) . This one is the "runt" and is the smallest of the 3.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NuggetMan; 01-05-2021, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Set 2, seeds 4 & 5 will be at 5 weeks of vegging this coming Sunday and seed 6 will be at 4 weeks on the following Thursday (1 month) of vegging. No nutrients used to this point either...
                        I am also going to have to move this set into the other room when set 1 is ready to flip because of the time difference in growth.
                        I need 2 weeks more for vegging for seeds 4 & 5 after set 1 gets flipped, then 1 more week after that for seed 6. Thank goodness for calendars!!!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NuggetMan; 01-05-2021, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Both sets look great and healthy happy leaf I am about same stage with my 4 photos doing lots of training are yours in their final pot? I've really messed with mine alot early training and it shows LOL. I've given them bat&fish poo juice so far 2x with their waterings. They love it.

• NuggetMan
                          NuggetMan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The 1st 3 are in their final pots (5 gallon) the 2nd 3 won't be ready for final pots for another few weeks, they were done not too long ago in 1 gallon pots. I try to get them in finals around week six, by then they're topped but not LST. Using the bigger pots to do the main LST, it's from there week 6 thru week 8 is manipulation time heavy before I go into flower. I don't do anything after transition week. Ah, Bats and Fish, great stuff, do you really need anything else as these are well known fertilizers. I am sure once I get to transition week it will be all plants 1st taste of nutrients, my thinking at this point is what do I want to use that is different but get great results. What a headache... lol... Can't it be just plain and simple??? LOL...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X