Flushing/harvest help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Flushing/harvest help required

Advice needed. So I'm on 98 days from sprout, 7 to 8 weeks flowering. I did overdo the nitrogen, as you can see, am worried it may be holding back the "fall colours". It's coco and an autoflower. Should I be starting a 2 week flush about now? I hate to be "that guy" but I can't for the life of me define cloudy or milky trichs on a phone, loupe or microscope(pictures from all included). Appreciate all and any help.
    Attached Files

More images
    Attached Files

Comment

It’s honestly different for every grower, as some like to harvest a little early for a more cerebral head high, where as some late in the game for the couchlock/relax smoke. It really depends on the type of smoke you’re looking for personally. I’ve included a chart I liked to use to help gauge the first few harvest times I had.

I always like to say, when she looks ready, give er 2 weeks and start the flush. She’s lookin incredible by the way, great job!! If it was me, I’d start the process now (I like a more energetic smoke, so for that reason I harvest as soon as I notice 80%-90% milky, or when I notice multiple amber starting to pop up on the buds.

Comment

• Larrybird420
        Larrybird420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Super chart thanks for that and for your help.

Potency and/or head vs couch high doesn't bother me too much. I'm more worried or should say interested in quantity. I'm guessing an auto at this age isn't going to fill out much more?

Would I be right in saying even during a flush it can still grow as essentially your asking it to take its nutrients from its leafs as opposed from the soil?

It's my first grow so I have no experience of what kind of weight can form this late in the game.

The auto’s I’ve run in the past didn’t seem to bulk up much after 8 weeks, I’d say now it’s more trichrome development than adding mass. (I could be wrong though as there are many strains with different pheno types, just going off personal experience)

With the flush you’re telling the plant to strip nutrients etc from the leaves, so you won’t get much if any growth in that time I do know that.

I wouldn’t worry so much this time on weight/yield, you could have a pound of meh weed, and an ounce of fire and the latter is always the better smoke. It’s all about that balance of quality/quantity, though I’m looking forward to seeing some future grows you have, she has some good mass.
      if this really is your first grow, you’ll have some high yielders for sure! that plant is beautiful for a first time (I’ve seen some ugly ones yielding maybe 20 grams, so this one is something to be proud of)

when you chop her down and dry, please post the final weight, (we’d love to hear how she does)

Comment

• Larrybird420
        Larrybird420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks again, I really do appreciate you sharing this knowledge with me. Yes first grow indeed, I'm in an illegal country so I spent from March to August studying my ass off to make sure i didn't entirely mess up my first grow and to make sure i had all my stealth on point.

I really appreciate the feedback BTW this is the only place I have posted images during this grow, so it helps to know am doing OK.

I will most definitely share with you on this thread the harvest and finished haul. I'm hooked now, I don't want to ever pay 130 for a quarter of that shit that goes round my country, especially since lockdown. I actually haven't had a smoke since July hence my anticipation and concern about quantity. This is the future as far as am concerned. An incredible hobby, I love everything thing about it.

I'm using coco in my pheno tent.
      What I've found to work well for me is to feed them my normal regimen using Jacks 3-2-1 until I don't have any clear trics showing on the buds.
      Then I just use ph'd water for 10-14 days to get a nice fade.
      The plant literally sucks all of the chlorophyll out of the leaves as she fades.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Larrybird420
        Larrybird420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for this tip, it sounds like a good trigger!

Excellent feedback, thank you. I think am going to leave the flush to the 10th of December and aim to chop the 18th or 19th so am not harvesting the week of Christmas. Appreciate your tips folks.
      Last edited by Larrybird420; 11-26-2020, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X