Help a newby.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it comes to strain, start here.
    CBD (Cannabidiol) is a naturally-occurring compound found in cannabis. It does not induce a "high" like THC, but it does possess numerous medicinal qualities.

they even have a strain locator for specific ailments.

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

That’s a relief,thanks guys .

Comment

get a light that is ether UL CSA or ETL certified. These are government level safety code certified To the best of my knowledge the only ones who carry that specific certification (and the documents to back it up) is ViparSpectra Reflector series.

For what you need ( 2 plants at a time) you could easily do with a 600W model That is UL certified.https://www.viparspectra.com/collect...or-series-v600

As far as a tent goes that one looks fine but I see a trend towards Mars Hydro tents. I don't know. Personally I just grow in a small room and I've done fine.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Guys my plants are so small they germinate on the 11/feb I have ordered another 2 lights ,I will upload a picture of the lights and the mix they are growing in ,
          can I have a option on it ,do I need nutrients? Or just stronger light I’m in Oz so just the type of nutrients not the brand ..hellllp Click image for larger version  Name:	CB0F1203-43E5-41C1-B68C-7F8F54292220.png Views:	0 Size:	683.4 KB ID:	497181
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Coops; 03-08-2021, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Guys my plants are so small they germinate on the 11/feb I have ordered another 2 lights ,I will upload a picture of the lights and the mix they are growing in ,
            can I have a option on it ,do I need nutrients? Or just stronger light I’m in Oz so just the type of nutrients not the brand ..hellllp ​​

Comment

I have found this will it do!

Comment

Coops that is a nutrient for Hydroponics. You are growing in soil so you need to find a nute suitable for soil. Read the growing basics on the main site and do what it says. Otherwise you are wasting your time and money.
                Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                make pH correction unnecessary
                Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                Semper Fidelis!

Comment

The lights definitely need to be closer. The little ones look to be stretching a bit which means not enough full spectrum light. If these ladies are almost 4 weeks old then you already have a problem IMHO. They need more light.

Light is food. Nutrients are vitamins. The nutrients fill the gaps that would replace direct sunshine. I have used General Hydroponics in both soil and coir and they work fine. You want something specifically designed for cannabis. That product you posted looks more suited for tomatoes and squash!

Ultimately you have to go with what you can afford. The reason GH Flora is so expensive is that it lasts for about an average of 50 plants for a 16 oz bottle of each.. Properly stored in a cool dry place and it can last a few years
                  I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

You should try and cover those clear cups...roots dont take kindly to light. I would be planting in its forever pot soon.
                    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                    Canna Coco/perlite
                    General Hydroponics Flora Series
                    Cal/Mag.

Comment

Hi guys ,I’m not doing great .i now have 4 full spectrum LED lights 225bulbs each..+1..6400 grow lush bulb,but my plants have only just started to grow,the are 6 weeks old but they are only 7 inches tall so I’m worried about trying to do any kind of training in case I stuff it up.....is it really necessary?

Comment

• Glenganja
                        Glenganja commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As a fellow noob, I feel your pain! You see other people’s plants half as old but twice the size of your own and you think wtf! Take on board any advice you get and see how things pan out. Look on your first grow as a learning experience, make notes about what you do so you can change things for your next grow.
                        You wouldn’t expect to read a book about car mechanics then be able to strip and rebuild an engine without problems - growing weed is the same. You might get more experience than weed from this grow but...your next grow will be better. Patience is the name of the game and unfortunately you can’t buy it over the web.
                        Good luck and keep learning - it will get better.

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Coops from the beginning we explained how importaint good lights are. Those are not in my opinion good lights not strong enough for growing a fast plant like a auto. I would not worry about training these plants just growing them will be a challange enough. Sorry but it's going to be a long auto grow. Just try and keep them healthy.

• dilvish
                        dilvish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        i agree with budgal. those lights likely aren't full spectrum. they don't appear to have any fans or vent holes either...and looking at your humidity...is that correct? 74%? thats much too high.

Yeah I thought they would be Great the the ad said these are the best full spectrum lights I bought them from a hydro shop.
                      i only just started using nutrients and they seemed to start going ,But then I got invaded by gnats so I had to get rid of them
                      so I’ll keep going and see what happens.thanks guys .

Comment

I do have a venting fan attached fresh air comes in from outside .the humidity is normally 50 to 60 but we have just gone through torrential rains for a week so it was hard to control it ,but now it’s back to normal he plants are not auto,s..northern lights feminised.and the only thing I didn’t want was the smell..but they smell great ,I have filled the tent with charcoal smell removers to keep it down .it really only when I open the tent I will soldier on ..see what I get..
                        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So you have how many of these lights? I can't read from those pics. Is one on each plant?

• dilvish
                          dilvish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Moving a light closer doesn't change the full spectrum. light intensity changes instead. Unless you have a lux meter, there is no way of knowing if their chart is even accurate...and at that even the range it shows the Lux at is still too weak even when it's sitting right on top of the plant! A recommended level for just the flowering stage is 45,000 - 65,000 lux

Yes one on each plant plus a 6400 growlush bulb..they seem to have taken off the last couple of days one is a bit thin ..but I did break the tap root when transplanting
                        I’ll check back in a week with a update..

Comment

Hi guys I’m giving up on these lights they suck...is a Mars hydro TS600 enough for my tent 3ftx3ftx6ft because the ts1000 is expensive ?
                          the company ask me to take down my negative post .because I wrote the lights suck and the fan blows the plants out of the pot ..but I’m not it’s true ..I’ve turned the fan off and I’m just using the tubing to bring in fresh air ,it’s getting very cold down under.we are hitting winter will the live in low temperatures like 20c ?sorry for being a pain....
                          Last edited by Coops; 04-13-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• dhll999
                            dhll999 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The ts600 is a little small for a 3x3 maybe one plant two at the most I would try to fined a way to get the ts1000 or something comparable

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X