Help a newby.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help a newby.

I’m a chronic nerve pain sufferer so I’m going to try to grow a plant.can anyone help I’m buying a tent and a Led light but what size light should I use they start at 300 w
    please see photos any help would be appreciated..coops
    Last edited by Coops; 11-23-2020, 11:05 PM.

When looking at leds check what the actual wattage is (what it actually pulls from the wall) the made up ???watt they give you means very little. Also check the fine print and it should give you sq ft for veg and sq ft for flowering for each light.

Comment

I am also new at growing but If your only doing one or two plants I would go with something like the mars hydro 600w or 1000w and a 2'x2' size tent. It's only a suggestion there are a few different brands of lights that would fit your need I spent over two weeks researching lights and it will drive you crazy.. lots of good advice on this board

Go ahead sing to your plants there not going to think your a nutjob

Grow in soil-fox farm ocean forest-happy frog
      Indoor Grow with 5gl cloth pots
      31/2x31/2 Home made grow box
      1-Mars hydro ts1000 and 1-ts600
      Humboldts nutrients + Blackstrap molasses
      secret base a & b
      cal mag
      golden tree
      flower stacker

Comment

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        And after checking out all the lights you ARE interested in, go directly to their website. Sometimes they offer a better deal then even their same product on Amazon. Found this out when I settled on Spider Farmer.

Would this suit that tent
      Attached Files

Comment

I’m not an expert by any stretch and have recently invested in my first set up. I bought a Vivosun 2x4x5 grow tent which fills up quickly with 3 plants. If I were to do it over I’d get a 6’ high tent.

I’d also go with a quantum board led instead of blurple. Mars Hydro, Spider Farmer or HLG make reasonably priced ones.
        Current Grow:
        2x Blue Dream Autos
        Coco + Perlite mix
        GH trio + CalMag, Floralicious, KoolBloom
        2x4x5 tent, SF1000 LED + Viparspectra PAR450

Comment

Your grow light is one of the most important aspects of growing a good plant .so my advice would be is to spend as much time as you can researching and reading reviews and going on youtube and forums like this to find the best light for what you want to do and the money you want to spend ...Not all lights are same
          Go ahead sing to your plants there not going to think your a nutjob

Grow in soil-fox farm ocean forest-happy frog
          Indoor Grow with 5gl cloth pots
          31/2x31/2 Home made grow box
          1-Mars hydro ts1000 and 1-ts600
          Humboldts nutrients + Blackstrap molasses
          secret base a & b
          cal mag
          golden tree
          flower stacker

Comment

• Kakariki
            Kakariki commented
            Editing a comment
            100% Agree. I did a "little" bit of reading, decided LED was the way to go. Bought the cheapest I could find online (such a bad mistake, goose neck, three headed at 5 watt each, 15 in total).

Lesson 1. Research the articles,. Buy for your specific conditions and environment.
            Lesson 2. Don't buy cheap generic Electrical appliances (lights/ fans). Doesn't have to be expensive but fit for purpose it must be.

I now have pretty bedside mood lighting lamp 🤣

Guys I’m in Australia...but I think I have found a tent combo that might do it ..I will let yous know ,thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi Coops Welcome aboard. My first grow I used a Gorilla Grow tent lite line 2.5'x2.5'x6' I used an HLG V2 100 LED light. They cost $149usd. The light worked like a champ. I grew four plants with that light. Also, check out the Auto pot system. I use it and it is very user friendly. You can get a system for just a single plant if you want. Also, if you look at the autopot system check out CX Horticulture nutrients. I use them and am very happy with ease of application and most importantly, results.
            Last edited by golfnrl; 11-24-2020, 08:49 AM.
            Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
            Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
            Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• MrPNW
              MrPNW commented
              Editing a comment
              Autopot is my next goal. I just got 7 gallon Rain Science pots to use with their AQUAvalve5 and my large saucers for my next grow. I should be able to easily adapt the system to my 30 gallon water barrel.

A Mars Hydro TS1000 light is perfect for what you say you want, I'm using two of them at the moment in a 2x4x6ft tent, I would spend the little extra on the TS1000 over the TS600
            They are having a Black Friday sale on their website, it's not exactly a giveaway but the TS1000 would only be a little over a 100

Comment

Thank you for all the advice I’ll give it a go ..I have a real green thumb so hopefully I get it right ..

Comment

• Xena
                Xena commented
                Editing a comment
                You got it. I got to the point where I was over analyzing and finally just jumped in and started and it was easier than I thought. As long as you have a light that’ll grow, a decent weed friendly soil (if nothing else get a tomato potting soil they like approximately the same ph), and some way to test ph in your water you’ll be fine. Just don’t have too great of expectations because you’re going to probably hit a couple bumps but just learn from it move on and do better next time.

r my grow system .this is what I have chosen,can anyone help me with ..how high should I keep the lights be from the plant ,and how long they should be on .also I was thinking of auto flowering plants ,as I’m worried about the light cycle ,any help would be great th

Comment

Head to the tutorials section of the site and take it from there, all the info you need is there. Once you’ve read it you’ll have a better idea of whether to go for autos or photos, personally I’ve only tried autos - at least you get something! If you’ve already got green fingers that’s a good start. Good luck!

Comment

• Coops
                  Coops commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks

• Coops
                  Coops commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi i was wanting to know do I have to change the light from 18hrs to 12hrs to make the auto,s flower ,and do they give many nuggs? any help is appreciated.

Autos will flower regardless of light cycle. Put your light on 18 and off 6 for the whole life cycle and they will flower.
                As for how many nuggs ...how long is a piece of string! The amount and quality of your crop depends on how well you look after them. I’m only on my third grow, my first two were crap then I discovered this site my third is looking much more promising.
                Read the tutorials and your first crop will be better than mine.
                Hope that helps

Comment

Hi guys I planted Northern Light feminised they are 14 days old but the bottom leaves look like they are curled under ,do you think it’s a problem?

Comment

• Canuck147
                    Canuck147 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No problem - leave them alone.

No problem Coops Those are the cotyledon leaves that the plant uses to get going right out of the seed. The plant doesn't need them anymore. They will wither away eventually. Looking good otherwise.
                  Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
                  I like weed and science.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X