No announcement yet.

10 of 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL should I ask whats wrong with these 2 girls? Its a root issue, they dont have any! On to the runts, I took them out of their soil, dumped it and put the 3 in the coffee cans with all new soil, I was surprised they did not hang their heads at all! The clones look to be doing very well, and I am looking forward to giving them away. The rest of the SMCGs are looking good to me, reaching hard for the lights, and the limbs on that BB F4 are about to outgrow the center! All of the wayward girls are now setting in more soil. The Greasy Grapes seems to be an easy to clone strain, just look at little girl getting back up on her feet in pic 2 already! She barely hung her head down, while the MPxT1000 hit the dirt. But even she is trying to stand up this morning, fingers crossed.
    The first pic is about to be breakfast, no white eggs here.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      BTW, I do use Voodoo Juice when transplanting, and on the cuttings in soil.

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      I dig that you're all ready for Easter

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are luvely eggs! The girls get all the bugs they can catch, makes the yolks nice and dark. And the shells go to compost, that is what the girls dont eat.

How are the new lights working for you? I've had mine about two weeks now. Big change for my plants. I harvested two real tiny auto cbd plants and have a large(ish) northern lights auto that is doing well but showing light stress. I'd like to keep at full strength and raising the lights each day. I'll get it sorted soon enough. I do have three seedlings started in there under the full "sun" as it were. They're at least 18" further away as they sit much lower than the canopy. I can't tell yet if they're liking it or not. I'm in a 3 x 3 tent unlike your grow setup. Obviously your plants are enjoying themselves.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I do like these lights, there may be better but these work out well for the price. I will note the new one has different distances than the first one, now covers 5.5 x 5.5 feet to sprout @ 30", and as close as 12" to flower.

Looking busy in there Rwise LOL i'm gonna take it easy this grow LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I could set in there with a pipe and just watch the weed grow. I can hardly wait for the flip to 12/12s around Christmas (if I can hold out that long).

Gawwd am i antsy also i so want to train and do my current grow but they are too young. I just love taking time in training, fiddling with them but not too often don't want to slow down the autos that are in with the photos. I'm 2 1/2 months away from flipping LOL sheeeeeeesh
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The MPxT1000 cutting is standing up again, I am taking it she is almost a cloned plant. The Greasy Grapes cutting is doing very well and is closer to the lights than her sister. The little "wild thing" has started jumping up as well. The 3 SMCGs (folgers cans) that were in the acid bath have been transplanted into better (not perfect) soil and are now looking much better, they also have a new home, as do the clones. The SMCGs are looking about ready for em to flip the lights (ya thats right we're going to point them up LOL), showing much less signs of PH issues. The GG and the MPxT1000 and the other (11 finger leaves on her) are still showing the 5.8 PH in their soil/ root ball. I'll give them some wood ash after the outside lights come on. Not one of the cuttings had any roots after 10 days, they still look good so I hit them with aloe and put them in soil, dropped the leftovers in with a tepin pepper..

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        You are going for it what a clone job you've done that's excellent.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Christmas gifts to a friend! Got to pass on the good karma.

I'll be moving to 12/12s today, the clones etc. will have a new home, I have already cleaned up the MPxT1000 but I need to tie here and the GG down, maybe remove some lower inner growth (more clones?)

Comment

Did not get these here yesterday, slacking I guess. Rearranged the girls a bit, will move 2 today (trades places).
        The Greasy Grapes is greening up nice since the addition of wood ash to raise the PH, still more yellow then the MPxT1000 which is looking good to me, and the other is clearing her spots as I get the PH in line. Both of those got wood ash also.
        The DGDxBB3 has jumped up and is trying to make a bud LOL, the BB4 is doing well.
        Doing daily checks for males now on the SMCGs BB4 and DGDxBB3, they will be removed as this time these seed will all be females!

Comment

First male has shown his balls, and now cut off at the ground, so far thats 1 male from 10 seed. I did give 3 plants away which may be 1 or more males (he was very excited to get a male to make seed with), so maybe 1 male from 7 seed, so far.

Comment

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            I popped 9 🤞 haven't gotten far enough to tell sex yet. Here's hoping you don't find more 🙂
            Now I'm hoping that sending you my hopes will help me with mine hahaha
            Lookin good neighbor 👀

Just cut down male number 2, so far each one in a different pot, if this holds I will have 1 more male, we'll see.
          The pic is from the berryfreak F2 with 13 fingers!

Comment

I dont know that I will do this again inside, I made banana peel tea and used it for PH down in the water. With that I use some liquid potash as PH up and balanced the water to 6.3-6.5 range on several 1 gallon jugs of rain water. The tea did have a bit of smell, but an hour after I watered all the girls with this concoction (about the colour of leaded gasoline), well the living things in the soil must have gas and be farting up a storm! 45 more minutes I can go in and check on them, look for males etc. (dont forget pics!) hopefully the smell is down, LOL

Comment

Things are starting to look different in the grow room! The adopted girls are getting over the 5.8 PH soil, that Greasy Grapes is a beast!

Comment

Well so far the results of this test with regular seed (SMCG) are females 5, males 2 with 3 plants from 1 pot given o another grower. I'll have the results from them later, but from their growth I would guess 1 male and 2 female, and yes it is just a guess. 1 pot had 2, 2 female, 1 pot had 2, 1 male 1 female, 1 pot had 3, 1 male 2 female. The test was to see if the roots touching each other made any dif, and it appears it does. Now someone else running regular seed needs to do this and let us know their results! I will try this again with regular seed. Lights will be on in 1 hour 10 minutes,

Comment

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Interesting Rwise. What is the thought behind the roots touching and the gender of the plants?
                  I could imagine that for every female a male would appear and vice/versa by some form of communication between the plants such as chemical that insures seed production and the continuation of the species.

Pulled a BB4 male, again regular seed with 2 plants in the pot, 1 male, 1 female (came up first), I think everything else is female. Once for sure, I'll start the pollen making.

Comment

This doesn't have anything to do with your experiment but figured I'd share. I read an article a couple days ago on determining sex early on and it was saying that you can tell sex as soon as they sprout. If the taproot comes straight out of the seed it's female and a male tap comes out of the side of the seed. I have a bunch of fem seeds in line for my next couple grows, but I will definitely be paying attention to this when I get back to my preference of growing with reg seeds. It sure would save alot of time and money if you could determine sex when they're sprouting.
                  TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                  s silver haze... strawberry haze...
                  .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
                  TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                  2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
                  TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
                  3 gallon pots all autos
                  Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
                  👇my one n only journal👇
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

MeEasy I dont think it'll work, but do let us know. I plant mine so I dont see that, I could get off some regular seed for someone to play with.

Wildthing grew balls last night, its outside waiting for tonight's freeze. It was 1 seed in the pot, 1 male. I will try this again to see if it really works or I just got good odds this grow!

Comment

• MeEasy
                      MeEasy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have hundreds of seeds that are all reg but most are 8 or more years old some could be 20 and I'll put 10-15 in a bowl of peroxide and water and hope for 6-8 to pop. I just moved out of my closet into a tent and I want to try some different things. This time I cramed 9 plants in it and then I want to do 3 or 4. To do that few I didn't want to use my old reg seeds so I bought some fem seeds. I didn't want to start 3 and end up with 2 males or worse all 3 . With 9 if 4 are males it doesn't hurt as bad. My goal is to maximize the space 9 plants or 3 which turns out better

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X