Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello . Hate To Cut Right To The Chase ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DvsCl1nt View Post

Hi . Could you point me to the exact set up your talking about . Remember, ots going on this unit .

I'm thinking of getting that combo i posted . It has timer and that hanging option would work in this tent right?

So the fan works as fan and exhaust lol . I'm confused.
    I'll legit buy whatever combo you all think will work best for me for needing very low veg mothers with 7 clones each every 45 days .... I love the dimmer option

Thanks for the help .
    The light you chose is widely used by home growers and will produce good results. It may not produce the monster plants you see in magazines, but this is due to power / intensity. As far as efficiency goes, this is a good light. The light I had mentioned, the Spider Farmer 1000, you can find here - https://www.spider-farmer.com/collec...led-grow-light Overall, the Mars light you posted has 150W at the wall, the Spider Farmer has 100W. The two boards use different components but each come with warranty

Link to test results of the MARS - https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-calculator/ and results for the SF1000 https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-calculator/

You are able to select each light from the drop down menu in the right hand box on that page if it doesn't pop up with them in there automatically.

For fans, in that size of tent, if you have a good exhaust fan, you can use passive intake. Meaning you won't need an input fan, the strength of the output will pull in fresh air from one of the vents on the tent. You will want a small clip fan or two for the inside of the tent to mov air around. Small tents don't need strong fans, but they do need air movement. For your exhaust fan, buy this one and it will be the last one you need. The T4 from AC Infinity, cloud line series T4. It is a little more money but worth every penny. It will be strong enough for your current tent and leaves you room to expand. You will be able to run it at low speeds, which will produce virtually no noise. It comes with a temperature and humidity monitor which displays on a LCD screen. You can set thresholds for heat and humidity where the fan when turn itself up until conditions return to the right range. If you listen to the Growcast with Jordan Rivers, he has a 15% coupon code he gives out every episode for those fans. I listen to him on stitcher.

Comment

Thanks buddy . So just the exhaust fan ? And i put it on the top part with the hole or sock vent ?
      will the lights hanging from top effect it ?

So thats it ?

I put the fan you mentioned up top
      The grow light you mentioned
      and one regular clip fan in a corner

I'm only doing 2 plants
      And want them to produce and grow slowly
      This all should he enough right ?

I'm about a week away from needing to switch my babies from veg to flower and choosing two mothers to go in the tent I posted .

Comment

Also, here's the actual machine I'm growing in
        called a bloombox
        So as you can see , I need this tent for 2 slow growing mothers only .

I plan on only keeping a mother for about 6 months
        before they get too crazy . I will then use a clone of each of the two plants for another mother

I'll only do this once before I flower the mothers and start with two new mothers of different strain .

Here's pics of the bloombox

You all like this machine ? Or heard of it

Won't let me upload it. File too big

here's a link

Comment

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          Those grow boxes are pretty cool. Very discrete. I've wanted to try ones company called BC Northern Lights makes some grow boxes out here. A little on the pricey side for my budget though.

Thanks buddy . So just the exhaust fan ? And i put it on the top part with the hole or sock vent ?
        will the lights hanging from top effect it ?

So thats it ?

I put the fan you mentioned up top
        The grow light you mentioned
        and one regular clip fan in a corner

I'm only doing 2 plants
        And want them to produce and grow slowly
        This all should he enough right ?

I'm about a week away from needing to switch my babies from veg to flower and choosing two mothers to go in the tent I posted .
        That all sounds good to me. The light towards the top and the fan being at top is ok, if anything it will be pulling air up and out, which should also help dissipate some of the heat from your light. For mothers that you want slow growth from, using a lower intensity light will help that, so again, be sure to get a light with a dimmer on it.

Comment

Thanks man

BTW, I'm using the bloombox by BC Northern Lights
          has the auto PH controller and everything on it

Comment

Originally posted by ChadWestport View Post

The light you chose is widely used by home growers and will produce good results. It may not produce the monster plants you see in magazines, but this is due to power / intensity. As far as efficiency goes, this is a good light. The light I had mentioned, the Spider Farmer 1000, you can find here - https://www.spider-farmer.com/collec...led-grow-light Overall, the Mars light you posted has 150W at the wall, the Spider Farmer has 100W. The two boards use different components but each come with warranty

Link to test results of the MARS - https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-calculator/ and results for the SF1000 https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-calculator/

You are able to select each light from the drop down menu in the right hand box on that page if it doesn't pop up with them in there automatically.

For fans, in that size of tent, if you have a good exhaust fan, you can use passive intake. Meaning you won't need an input fan, the strength of the output will pull in fresh air from one of the vents on the tent. You will want a small clip fan or two for the inside of the tent to mov air around. Small tents don't need strong fans, but they do need air movement. For your exhaust fan, buy this one and it will be the last one you need. The T4 from AC Infinity, cloud line series T4. It is a little more money but worth every penny. It will be strong enough for your current tent and leaves you room to expand. You will be able to run it at low speeds, which will produce virtually no noise. It comes with a temperature and humidity monitor which displays on a LCD screen. You can set thresholds for heat and humidity where the fan when turn itself up until conditions return to the right range. If you listen to the Growcast with Jordan Rivers, he has a 15% coupon code he gives out every episode for those fans. I listen to him on stitcher.
            Yo , so that spider farmer light is like only 11 by 9 inches?

This cool grows tent i got , just has 2 metal crossing bars at top . Sure that light set up will work .....

So this fan ?

And it would fit above the lights ? Seems big

I better go and show you some more pics of my particular tent , to make sure this all good before I order.
            Fan looks awesome though .

I'll get back to you with more pics 😃

Comment

Yo , so that spider farmer light is like only 11 by 9 inches?

This cool grows tent i got , just has 2 metal crossing bars at top . Sure that light set up will work .....

So this fan ?

And it would fit above the lights ? Seems big

I better go and show you some more pics of my particular tent , to make sure this all good before I order.
            Fan looks awesome though .

I'll get back to you with more pics 😃
            It is ideal to cover a 2x2 area, which is what I thought you had.

Yes, that fan is a great one, I own it. You can always mount the fan outside of the tent, but please, do post some picks of the tent you were going to use.

Comment

Originally posted by ChadWestport View Post

It is ideal to cover a 2x2 area, which is what I thought you had.

Yes, that fan is a great one, I own it. You can always mount the fan outside of the tent, but please, do post some picks of the tent you were going to use.
              Buddy , about to take some pics.
              been away , ill send some pics today soon
              Thanks again .

Comment

Here's a video

keeps saying error. was only a 30 second video

Comment

Ok heres some pics
                  doesn't look promising
                  As far as fitting light and exhaust you mentioned
                  Hope I'm wrong or you have a idea
                  Ok it keeps saying unknown error everytime I try to post a pic ?

Comment

Thanks for sending the pics. I saw them in PM. Same tent style I work with. The SF 1000 light will be great in there, heat from the light doesn't start to mount until it is at about 70-75% power. At full power, I'd want it at least 4" off the top of the tent, with a fan gently blowing on it. But in that size of tent, with growing plants, you need to maintain a certain distance from the canopy with the light at full blast, which will be hard to maintain, so you'll likely be running it at lower power (less heat) and closer to the canopy, anywhere from 18-12".

I have a 4" USB fan that I lay in that top 6" vent hole. You are able to pinch the drawstrings to keep the fan from falling in, but not so much that it blocks the back of the fan from pulling air out. Or you can go with the AC Infinity fan, which due to size, would need to be mounted outside of the tent. You are correct.

Comment

I wouldn't ever be needing the light at anywhere near full power right . Since I'm wanting plants to grow slowly as possible ?

I sent you a PM man , thanks

Comment

Yes, it won't be at full strength if trying to keep them in a slow growth pattern. Responded in PM. Cheers

Comment

Would this work well ?
                          small enough to fit on top

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZL6FDYG..._9Xb0FbTT2QPYN

Top clearance over my tent is like 7 inches

Comment

Just a thought, wouldn’t it be easier to just cut clones off whatever your growing instead of keeping moms? You said you would need them every 45 days sounds like perfect timing to cut clones of whatever plant you have growing. That’s what I do then you can keep the small clones in 1 gallon pots until you transplant to their final home. Also the tutorial on GWE explains exactly how to set up a tent for ventilation and what those socks are for. YouTube also has plenty of videos on setting up a tent.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X