Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello . Hate To Cut Right To The Chase ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello . Hate To Cut Right To The Chase ....

But Hi, I'm new to the forum of course

I started my very first grow and as awesome as its going. I'm realizing a big problem .

I want to keep mother plants , and going to use 2 of the best 11 plants during veg , but I'm not sure what my set up is going to ve, or work out .

I bought a 24 by 24 mini grow tent with all these ventallation socks in it ...but I'm not even sure if I'm going to need exhaust or ontake/outtake for my mothers and so forth . The problem is limited space, which I'm sure most of you feel the pain there ,lol . But I have to fit it in this closet , and not sure how much overall airflow it will have. I am going to try and attach some pics.

Main thing I'm needing to know is

1. Will 4 mothers fit in the 24 by 24 area
    These mothers will only need like 10 clones taken off them every 5-6 weeks .

2. Outside of maybe a mini fan in the upper corner of this 24 by 24 tent ... what else am I going to need

3. Whats the best grow light for that space and set up, it's only for mothers . Not seedlings or anything else.

4. Is there a easy somewhat helpful exhaust set up i should do , or will having closet door open most of the day keep things ok in there.

5. There's like 8 of those sock things all over this tent , that's a bummer as ill only need 2 or 3 of them .

6. Just anything you can warn me of with this current idea

So appreciative of any help
    This is for my family, and my daughter
    Who ( even though sje is a straight A student )
    Has life draining anxiety and NOTHING helps her like edibles. This is only way ill be able to afford this method of treatment moving forward .

Names Clint BTW, glad to be here

welcome to GWE forum.
    I am not a mother plant expert but if you keep the mothers in small pots 4 should fit into that space. Lighting doesn't have to be super bright although having say a dimmable led that could be turned up if needed seems like a good idea to me.
    If you have not read about mother plants on GWE yet I would suggest this.
    Learn how to keep tiny cannabis plants so you can save genetics and get free clones forever! Based on the classic tutorial by OldTimer1.

Comment

I'd keep one in a 2x2.
      I bet Bob Marley's mansion
      has a garden in the back
      Where he's growing something special
      Some celestial homemade hash
      we'll sit down on his front porch
      And listen to the angels band
      Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

Where are you growing your clones? How many? That size tent I imagine you could grow 1 mother.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

This three mothers in 24"X30 inch space. Hyrdo and using a cheap burple led light. No longer take clones (But that may change), using auto's currently.
          Mothers were hard to take care of, seeing plant issues was difficult. If I do start keeping mothers in the future I will probably just use one mother and only if needed a max of two.
          Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel
          Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
          New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
          Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Do I need to worry about airflow and exhaust ?
            only thinking of keeping 2 mothers

Comment

Originally posted by DvsCl1nt View Post
              Do I need to worry about airflow and exhaust ?
              only thinking of keeping 2 mothers
              Welcome

Yes, you will always need to worry about airflow and exhaust. On a little 2x2 tent, you can use a little 4" fan and put it in the top vent hole as an exhaust, that is what I do. You'll likely get two plants in there, one would be ideal.

You'll want to use a low intensity light in that tent. You don't want them to grow rapidly, lower light intensity can keep them in a sort of holding pattern with minimal growth. I like the Spider Farmer 1000 light for a 2x2 tent. It also has a dimmer on it, so it would be ideal for your light intensity controls.

You'll also probably want to replace your mom often too. This can help manage size in the tent as well. Above all, don't forget to monitor your heat and humidity. Stresses that the mother go through can weaken the resulting clones. Genetic drift is a misplaced term, but when moms get stressed from food, environment or pest pressure, it will get weaker and weaker and so will the offspring.

Comment

Plants like air and some breathing room, from my own experiences if you crowd the space and don’t ventilate the humidity would be suitable for tropical plants. How often and how many cuttings are you trying take, one mom can get you a lot of cuttings.

Comment

I've got four of them in a 30"x30" tent. They are in 3 gallon fabric pots in coco. I feed them lightly unless I actually need clones. They still grow a bit bigger than I like so I keep taking cuttings, rooting them and giving them away. I am very seriously thinking of just flowering out the ones I've got because only one is a desirable pheno and it's not a rare one. I also still have at least one seed for each variety. When they are gone, I probably won't be keeping any more unless I come across a real unicorn of a pheno or decide that I've found that one perfect strain and never want to run out.
                  Coconut Grove
                  4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                  4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                  32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                  Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I have the same tent. 4' height. Running a mars hydro ts600 LED and a 4" terrabloom inline fan with carbon filter. Works great. Welcom to the community man!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe0420 View Post
                      Plants like air and some breathing room, from my own experiences if you crowd the space and don’t ventilate the humidity would be suitable for tropical plants. How often and how many cuttings are you trying take, one mom can get you a lot of cuttings.
                      Thank you for the answer . Thank you all for comments actually . Glad to he here l.

I'm worried though .

I'm only going to need like 7 cuttings every 45 days from each plant . Thats why I was hoping a minimal set up like that tent I posted would do .

I'm growing in a bloombox by bc northern lights and the humidity inside is almost at 80 now that i added the auto water feature it has for week 1 of veg.

Will a room humidifier get that down inside the box also ?

Will one night of bad humidity hurt the 9 vegging 2 inch plants?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedygreen View Post
                        I have the same tent. 4' height. Running a mars hydro ts600 LED and a 4" terrabloom inline fan with carbon filter. Works great. Welcom to the community man!
                        Hi, what about those one ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RSRX1RS...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Has timer and everything

Is the 24 by 24 grow tent compatible with that? As far as hanging and so forth ?

here's the product I bought .

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HMJ32MP...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not even sure wth to do with most those ventallation socks on there ? I've never done this . Seems like getting a nice set up dialed in is def harder than I thought

im just confused on this part . Anyone please chip in . I just want to know what set up will work before I purchase it semi blindly. I'm a noob...lol 😆

Is there a smaller fan i could use , you think .

Exhaust gonna be a whole nother issue

Comment

Originally posted by ChadWestport View Post
                          Welcome

Yes, you will always need to worry about airflow and exhaust. On a little 2x2 tent, you can use a little 4" fan and put it in the top vent hole as an exhaust, that is what I do. You'll likely get two plants in there, one would be ideal.

You'll want to use a low intensity light in that tent. You don't want them to grow rapidly, lower light intensity can keep them in a sort of holding pattern with minimal growth. I like the Spider Farmer 1000 light for a 2x2 tent. It also has a dimmer on it, so it would be ideal for your light intensity controls.

You'll also probably want to replace your mom often too. This can help manage size in the tent as well. Above all, don't forget to monitor your heat and humidity. Stresses that the mother go through can weaken the resulting clones. Genetic drift is a misplaced term, but when moms get stressed from food, environment or pest pressure, it will get weaker and weaker and so will the offspring.
                          Hi . Could you point me to the exact set up your talking about . Remember, ots going on this unit .

I'm thinking of getting that combo i posted . It has timer and that hanging option would work in this tent right?

So the fan works as fan and exhaust lol . I'm confused.
                          I'll legit buy whatever combo you all think will work best for me for needing very low veg mothers with 7 clones each every 45 days .... I love the dimmer option

Thanks for the help .

Comment

BTW, I know my questions are annoying
                            cuzI'm so new with what set up will work and so forth

I just wanted to say, glad I chose to join and ask here , instead of reddit . I'll go with whatever light( long as it has dimmer switch ) fan, and exhaust combo you all think is best if you post links .

I appreciate you all so much. This has my anxiety up a bit till I get it settled I make edibles with most the marijiana for my daughter who has severe anxiety but we won't put her on life draining pharmaceuticals.

Problem is, I can't afford dispensary, thats why I'm doing this .

So thank you all so freaking much

Comment

• ChadWestport
                              ChadWestport commented
                              Editing a comment
                              My personal mission is to help people in this exact situation, brother, I got you.

I’ve deal with anxiety my whole life. A little off topic but there was a point in time when I first started I did not have a lot of room so instead of keeping moms I made my own feminized seeds. It was a success and surprisingly simple.
                            1.50ppm colloidal silver in a spray bottle a little diluted.
                            2. Two female plants, the theory is 2 females can’t make a male
                            3. Pick one plant to be your male
                            4. Flip to 12/12 and spray the chosen plant at the bud sites 1x a day at least. After time you will notice it get bananas.
                            5. Bud them out but don’t let the bananas bust open, pluck a few off and break them open in a bag, take a Q tip and smear it in pollen then wipe that on your female plant.

I must mention I didn’t flip my female plant at the same time I think it was like 3-4 weeks after the male.

not sure if a room dehumidifier will get the RH inside you box to ideal levels.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X