Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting too tall colas early if too close to lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Cutting too tall colas early if too close to lights?

Hey GWE, I'm on my first grow

I'm growing Dutch Passion auto's, and didn't do much plant training at all. Even though I have a 6' grow tent, and just a VivaSpectra v450 LED light, my 3 plants are huge!

Setup: 4x2x6 tent. Vivaspectra v450. Coco Coir. Coco Canna nutes w/ Cal+Mag supplement. Ph'd water.

I'm probably a month from harvest, and some of the colas are less than 4 inches away from the LEDs. My lights are absolutely as high as I can get them. I had to drop from 18 to 12 hours of light a day just to minimize light burn.

NOW FOR MY QUESTION:
    - Should I top the cola's that are getting burned/bleached? Will this hurt this last month's finish, causing trauma and slowing flowering/fattening in other parts of the plant? When I say top, I mean cut off a portion of the tallest colas, that are probably getting ruined anyhow (duh you all know the term, but idk if I'm using it correctly lol).

Also, any other advice for my situation? I'm all ears

Thanks GWE!

Is there anyway you can bend them down or at least out of the way of the light? That would be far better, especially with autos since that terminal cola always seems to be the largest.

Comment

Welcome to GWE
      Our girls luv to be bent over and tied down!

Comment

Super cropping is easy, free, and surprisingly effective at getting your current grow room to produce bigger yields in the exact same setup. Find out exactly what to do right here!

I had to do this last grow...nerve wracking the first time but it does work and the plant just chugs along.
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• ncjoker
          ncjoker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Older!

Tie em down. Don't cut em.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• gbauto
          gbauto commented
          Editing a comment
          I would super-crop the unruly colas.
          I've had to do this on some of my indoor grows, so I think that the girls probably won't even give you a hiccup.

yeah bend them out of the way

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X