The Saga of Sativa Swirl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL The Saga of Sativa Swirl

Three weeks into flower and I've done my last major defoliation. I was only able to get after pictures of two plants. Hope I didn't overdo it. I don't think so but I'm new to this. I've also discovered a small outbreak of spider mites. (Not the double spotted kind thank God).You may chide me for defoliating in the middle of a spider mite outbreak but it seems like removing leaves could be part of the solution. I dropped the leaves into a bucket of bleach solution then drained it and put it out in the freezing cold. I delight in their total destruction. I've been following the tutorial as best I can. I'm using the available home remedies for now. Insecticidal soap then after two days, alcohol and water. Then more soap and then more alcohol. By then I'm hoping the Mighty Wash I ordered from NPK will arrive for the coup de grace. There's also something similar I discovered later up here called End-All by Safer. Sorry, no Spinosad in Canada and no Azamax either. Still under review by the government. I've also discovered a product call Pure Crop 1 which I haven't heard spoken of on this forum. It sounds very good, particularly for the flowering stage because it will not harm buds. It messes with the mites' digestion enzymes when they feed and it doesn't harm beneficial predators because their enzymes are different. It prevents mold and bud rot and it's also beneficial for the plants and has been tested with great success on cannabis! Check it out.
    Last edited by Crowdad; 11-23-2020, 01:05 PM.
    4 X 5 gal fabric pots supplemented with; Growganica Incredible Bulk bloom booster, Compost tea, worm castings, Stepwell bloom top dress. Pure Crop 1 foliar spray, Vipar Spectra R900, Fusion Hut 3X4X6 Fusion Breath 4" fan/filter. Hawaii X Maui Waui feminized photoperiod.

Lookin good the only thing with the defoliation I would do different is remove all the little stuff from the bottom 1/3 of them. I also use alcohol/water and I see you used it more than once but if you don't wait three days and do it again they'll be back. The alcohol doesn't kill the eggs so you have to wait until they hatch and spray them again. They're pretty 4sure good luck
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I'd say that is a pretty aggressive defol at 3 weeks but buds look good and plant structure looks great! Stay on those bugs. Like MeEasy says, every three days.
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Thanks guys. I've been alternating Insecticidal soap and alcohol solution every two to two and a half days. Sometimes in the morning and sometimes at lights out. I'm still waiting for Mighty Wash delivery but now I'm having second thoughts about getting it on the buds. Pure Crop1 is on the way too and it's much safer but it doesn't kill eggs. Onward, repeat.
        4 X 5 gal fabric pots supplemented with; Growganica Incredible Bulk bloom booster, Compost tea, worm castings, Stepwell bloom top dress. Pure Crop 1 foliar spray, Vipar Spectra R900, Fusion Hut 3X4X6 Fusion Breath 4" fan/filter. Hawaii X Maui Waui feminized photoperiod.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X