Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I add cal/mag to a super soil grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I add cal/mag to a super soil grow?

Hello,
    I would very much appreciate some input from someone who has completed a grow similar to the one that Nebula recently featured on the GWE site. I have decided to start one like it and although I do not see any note of using a cal/mag supplement during watering; it seems that most other forms of cannabis grows indicate that a cal/mag supplement is needed to avoid having a deficiency of one or both. Is this the case with a super soil grow? All inputs from growers who have used the super soil method are really appreciated.

I haven't read Nebula's super soil but I grow in living soil and I wouldn't use cal-mag in mine. I'm not a pro either, I just completed my first grow in living soil so instead of giving advice I feel better giving you a couple links to check out. I'm sure others will come by that have more experience and could help you to. Good luck

Explore organic methods to tend to cannabis plants throughout their growing cycle, including how to feed cannabis with mulch, silica, aloe vera, top-dressings, sprouted seed teas, botanical teas, and foliar sprays.

KIS Organics offers organic farming supplies, bulk potting soils, compost teas, soil amendments, nutrients, natural pesticides, seeds. FREE US shipping!
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Seriously? If you read that tutorial and did what she said to do you should know what is in your soil right? Also you should know that you are supposed to just water the soil correct? Maybe read it again and if it doesn’t say to add cal/mag it’s probably because you don’t have to. Lol. Sorry but it’s just you don’t give any info besides you read you want to do a grow like hers. Maybe you haven’t read the tutorial which is even worse.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, even the snarky one. I have read the tutorial several times. Yes, I know she did not say she used cal/mag. I have read other growers diaries that stated that they did add cal/mag, so I was merely asking if anyone who had done a similar grow had seen any signs that cal/mag supplementation was needed. Since this is my first organic grow attempt, I am merely trying to be properly prepared. Sorry Cali, I did not mean to irritate you.

Comment

davdaddy1 No problem. If you are really interested you can go to Buildasoil.com go to the menu tab and click on the blog page there you will find a lot of good info. Also if you search Clackamas Coot on YouTube he talks about living soils and just soil in general. It’s a lot to sit thru because they talk for hrs so I listen to the shows one bit at a time when I get a chance. He explains more than once why the Cal/Mag thing is all bullshit. He will teach you a lot and you will soon unlearn all the things you probably learned about using bottled nutrients that’s where that bs about cal/mag comes from basically a scam. The soil I use has 4 Nutrient amendments and about 3 mineral amendments that’s it. 2 years almost on the same soil and no cal/mag issues lol.. check it out.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X