2nd Grow not going so well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Grow not going so well

Kind of frustrating. I learned so much during my first grow and was looking forward to keeping that momentum going. Put in 2x Seedsman OG Kush, 1x Seedsman Lemon Haze, and 2x Sweet Seeds Green Poison auto flowering seeds on 10/16. Germinated in jiffy pods and put straight into 5 gallon fabric pots with reused/fresh coco coir.

Been experiencing very slow growth. I don’t know if it’s the reused coco coir, the jiffy pod, the large pot or a combination of all of them but the plants just aren’t growing. Used CFLs during germination and switched to my QB on dim and tried to increase my lighting as the plants grew. Was on 24 hour light schedule the first week or so and then switched to 18/6. I’ve been watering with PH b/t 5.5 and 6.5 as carefully as possible as to not overwater but they have been growing so slow that I’m still not watering to the point of run off.

I’m also having a huge issue with humidity (or the lack there of). I’ve had a humidifier inside of my tent for this grow that is running full blast however humidity is struggling to get over 45%. I’ve even added another humidifier outside of the tent but nothing has changed. Even towards the end of my last grow (similar weather) I’ve never had this kind of problem (usually need to run dehumidifier)and I’m at my wits end trying to solve it.

So here we are. Got 5 plants that are about 3 inches tall and one of them has started flowering. I really don’t know what to do at this point. Been very lightly nuting as the plants still look like babies but with the pistils showing I’ve skipped ahead to transition nuting.

Other than just biting the bullet what can I do with this grow? I can tell you that I’m not enjoying this grow at all and it’s just one problem after the other and I’m thinking this is just going to be a waste. What I would like to figure out is what the hell went wrong so that I can not experience this on the next run.

Was seriously thinking I had a knack for this and was considering adding more tents for a perpetual harvest but this grow has me reconsidering.
    Attached Files

Should I just start over?

Comment

They look like they needed food?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• dalvis
        dalvis commented
        Editing a comment
        Bottom leaves turned yellow on me. Idk I think I’d like to try autos again with an organic soil that provides the nutrients. Stick with coco for my photo grows. Still don’t know what to do about my humidity issue. Going to put the carbon filter tonight to see if that helps

1 out of 4 are doing same thing to me man. Idk why either. I have small humidifier in my tent and it still isnt 40% and my other plants are fine.
      I'm using FFOF soil. So I dont think my issues nutes, but yours probably is if your using coco and no nutes yet?

I've had them bounce back from worse than yours. Dont give up yet.
      4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
      1x Slapz
      1x Quikz
      2x red runtz
      1x flo-see
      1x 2B blunt
      1x persian pie

Comment

I'd try to up the feeding. They look hungry.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• dalvis
          dalvis commented
          Editing a comment
          just ordered some dry amendments. not sure if I will introduce them this grow but definitely trying that approach next time.

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          My next grow will be living soil and dry amendments from Gaiagreen. I mixed my living soil with perlite, earthworm castings, 444 and 284 yesterday in preparation. Dry amendments are new to me but I want to give it a shot.
          I hope you get to the bottom of your issue.

• dalvis
          dalvis commented
          Editing a comment
          unfortunately Gaia green isn’t available/I’m not paying $87 for shipping so I went with down to earth 4-4-4 as well as their 4-8-4 and some worm castings from wiggle worm (1-0-0 opposed to the 2-0-0 from Gaia green so will just use double the dose). Increased the nute formula last night so hopefully that is the issue. just hoping I’m not too late to the party.

Seriously, I can’t effing win. Like HOW it’s 77% outside!?!?
        Attached Files

Comment

Seriously, I can’t effing win. Like HOW it’s 77% outside!?!?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Hammer53
            Hammer53 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you tried lowering your fans speed ?

45% isn't ideal but that isn't going to cause what you're seeing. I have low humidity issues most of the year in veg and my shit can be down around 36%. Dehumidifier helps. I think they need to be fed. Also, for your next run you might want to consider your first transplant into a smaller pot before getting into the 5 gallon. You'll get faster growth. Small plants in big pots have a harder time figuring out their environment.
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• dalvis
            dalvis commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. I switched to dry amendments a few days ago and they are already doing better. I’ll be doing this from the beginning next time. Also, started in 5 gallon pots because these are autos and didn’t want to stress them too much during transplant. I honestly might just go back to doing photos. Hopefully get a new tent for Christmas or something.

How do you incorporate the dry amendments into growing plants?

Comment

Scratch into top soil and water
            1x Slapz
            1x Quikz
            2x red runtz
            1x flo-see
            1x 2B blunt
            1x persian pie

Comment

I thought the same about transplanting shock , but I’ve learned more and it’s the opposite really.
              Transplanting property doesn’t cause much shock.
              Somewhere someone smarter than me said .... think about every type of commercial greenhouse crop of any kind, from veg to flowers to trees, they almost always transplant as they grow. It’s pretty well accepted in professional growing.
              That said, we certainly see people having success without, but it don’t work great for me even with auto.
              Next time I will go grow cube , solo cup(or equivalent), 1 gal , 3 gal, then bigger if needed

Comment

For my autos I start and finish in a 4gal fabric. Works great
                1x Slapz
                1x Quikz
                2x red runtz
                1x flo-see
                1x 2B blunt
                1x persian pie

Comment

• PLreef
                  PLreef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I do the same. Autos (in my opinion) don't like being transplanted.

• HobbitGDF
                  HobbitGDF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I havent tried yet, but I'm about to. It's an auto somango. Freebie.
                  It's in 1/2gal pot. I want to move it to my 4gal so I can get more flower.
                  Hopefully I can do it without stressing it

• RetiredGuy
                  RetiredGuy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The problem for us beginners is there are different opinions on just about every subject. It seems to transplant or not is one more. I germinated in a peat pellet then moved into a solo cup. From the solo cup straight to 5 gal pots. I am happy with the way my plants are growing. Would they have been better with an intermediate transplant? May be, May be not!.

I transplant my auto somango. She is droopy and stalled. Shame. I dont think that always happens tho. I was a little rough.
                1x Slapz
                1x Quikz
                2x red runtz
                1x flo-see
                1x 2B blunt
                1x persian pie

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X