What is wrong with my plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with my plants?

I have successfully taken and fully established five clones (10 weeks old) from my Durban Poison plant. I now want to switch them to bloom. However, I have recently noticed that some of the leaves on all the clones have specks on them - see photo1. I have checked for spider mites under magnification but can see no signs of bugs on either side of the affected leaves. Also, some of the unaffected/less affected leaves are curling and twisting - see photo 2. I have been very sparing on nutrients and water only when soil is dry.

Would really appreciate any ideas about what could be causing these problems and advice on how to deal with them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UQtnmwl.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	468035

Click image for larger version

Name:	MrHQckh.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	468036

The brown spots look like one of two things but at the very beginning calcium or manganese deficiency. The white ones I'm pretty sure are thrips

If you see tiny, wormy little bugs, dark winged insects or bronzed discoloration on the leaves, you may have thrips. Learn how to get rid of them!
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Try spraying with a product that contains Spinosad like Monterey Garden insecticide spray or Captain Jack's Dead Bug. Lost Coast Plant Therapy will help keep thrips away too and soothe unhappy leaves. Be sure and put up some sticky traps to confirm what kind of pest is chewing on your garden too.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

@ MeEasy, thanks for the link. I thoroughly examined a number of leaves under 60 X microscope and did not see any bugs at all. Will try some Epsom Salts.

@ UndergroundFarmer, what are 'sticky traps'? I live in Ireland and unfortunately non of the products you mention are available here, in fact very little available. Lots of potatoes though.

Comment

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          Sticky traps come in a bunch of different ways but all work the same of course some better than others. They're those ribbon looking things that you hang up to catch flies they also come like the size and shape of a playing cards with little clips you stick in the soil or hang em they even have em in funny little shapes like flowers birds pineapple and more. They work good for gnats thrips Etc

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          What he said. I couldn't find any thrips on my plants until I put up the traps and started catching the flying adults. Even the adults are tiny like eraser crumbs. I eventually trained my eyes to find the juveniles - usually toward the top leaves and early in the day.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X