Too many nutrients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many nutrients?

I’m a new grower and trying to grow using the natural method creating a living soil I added microbes/ worm castings/ kelp/ fish bone meal and all purpose fertilizer to a micron ready organic soil. I made the soil mixture and made my first transplant from a solo cup to a 1 gal pot. After watering I’m getting a huge reading from the runoff of 6200 ppm. Is this a big concern. And if so how do I fix it if possible

Your not supposed to water living soil to runoff, you are flushing your nutrients out the bottom. Did you give your soil a couple weeks to cook before use?
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

How are the plants looking? Don’t overwater in living soil if you have run off you are watering too much. Being that your plants is already a bit older than a seedling it may be able to tolerate a hot soil assuming your soil is too hot but the main issue will be overwatering .

Comment

Another important thing about living soil is that you water it a little differently than you do using salt based nutes. One we have covered about runoff the other is you don't want to allow your soil to dry out like you do the other. Which will bring on the damn gnats so get you something to start fighting em before they get bad or you will end up with an infestation. I just started using mosquito bits , yellow cards, and fox farm bug off... tried many other things and might have to change again but I'm just getting started again lol... if someone has other things for gnats I'm always ready for something else
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Buildasoil.com if you go to the blog page on the website you will find pages on how to water a living soil among many other things like IPM,VPD charts and so on. There is also good info on dealing with fungus gnats.

Comment

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            👍I think you were talking to someone else and I buded in and I already checked out buildasoil and saved it so I can really look through it. Thanks for a new source can't have enough

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X