Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is harvest time coming? πŸ€”

Hi folks. 1st of all thx for all the support, this forum is really great

My colas are not β€œfat” but the pistils are getting dark. What do you think? Harvest time is coming? Is she a skinny sativa (and thats ok) or she should get fat?

To have some scale reference I’m holding an iPhone 7 cover in one of the pics

thx!

Click image for larger version

Name:	61A2E36A-0164-4693-B9B2-730085BE65C1.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	467626Click image for larger version

Name:	6F353A16-D970-44A5-83EC-B59FDC57D072.jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	467627Click image for larger version

Name:	06B71E79-4793-4A7A-900F-D23A2BC0D7F3.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	467625Click image for larger version

Name:	1A5AA6F0-3FD2-4AE6-86D5-09F4C24B8C0E.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	467622Click image for larger version

Name:	C135DD4C-B7E7-45B4-ABB5-FB9BB13E9F19.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	467623
    Attached Files

They still look quite early in the flowering stage. Not sure how long since you started flowering but looks like they still have 3-4 wks left maybe more.
    3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
    Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
    Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
    Couple of fans for airflow
    First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
    Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
    Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange πŸ˜€

Comment

It looks like more than half of your pistils are still white, I'd say you're getting close but have at least a couple weeks to go. Do you have a magnifier to look at your trichomes? Pistils are helpful, but trichomes give you even more information.

Nebula's guide on harvest timing is super helpful: https://www.growweedeasy.com/harvest
      growing for fun & medicine ~ 4x4x8 tent ~ two 600W Phlizon LEDs ~ DWC 5gal buckets, Flora Trio + HydroGuard

Comment

If I had to guess id say you have over a month to go.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2Γ— Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Give them another 6wks then ask i would say
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Way too early..!
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Thanks all of you guys!

The seed germinated by June 2nd.

So I changed the led to 12/12 by August 24th (It took so long because I was building the β€œcloset” properly - meanwhile she was 24h straight under CFL white light, growing well).

1st flowers started to appear, all in green, on Sept. 10th (see bellow):

Name:	1F0AB7DB-8284-42C3-8C7E-6DC7636E9ADC.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	467724

White pistils started to appear by Sept. 24th:

Name:	C5E0FBE0-6A0A-40D8-AB8C-A5AE3DF9DBCC.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	467725

And today is what I posted previously.

Would you recommend any complements? Or just learning chess β™Ÿ and reading novels meanwhile letting her work in peace?

And yes - I have some macro lens to check the thricomes. I’ll post this in a while

Thank you all!
              Attached Files

Comment

There we go - trichomes. I have mixed feelings about them. for me (newbie) some look crystalline, some look milky.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 22.59.23.png
Views:	162
Size:	828.0 KB
ID:	467731

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 22.58.52.png
Views:	99
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	467732Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 22.57.12.png
Views:	101
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	467733Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 22.58.25.png
Views:	108
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	467734

Comment

Ok I don't see amber here but mostly clear trichies. What strain you are growing ?
                  Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                  Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                  Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                  Full auto grow
                  Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                  12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Originally posted by Farmbuck View Post
                    What strain you are growing ?
                    No idea, mate. Life just brought these seeds naturally for me. Thx!

Comment

I agree with all of the above, more than a month to go. But I'm confused too, because you said you switched to 12/12 back in August? That's almost 3 months in flower, she should have been done or close to done by now. She looks healthy though so that's odd to me. Going to guess she may not be getting strong enough light and that's possibly what is making them take so long? Hopefully I'm wrong and she's just really slowly growing and you get lots of bud. What kind of LED are you using? You may need to drop it closer to your plant.

Comment

• dphipps1020
                        dphipps1020 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did you have issues with her during the first few weeks of flower? Severe stress can sometimes cause a plant to slow it's growth. Same with over or under watering. Do you let the pot dry up almost all the way before watering again? The light distance should be fine I think, maybe play with the height a little bit. I don't know what brand it is so it's hard to say since they're all different. By the way, you can still have your salad. The fan leaves I hear are good for cooking with throughout all stages of the plant's life.

• TheZenArcher
                        TheZenArcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        dphipps1020 No major issues based on what you mentioned. She was always developing well and healthy. What I did most radically was defoliation... maybe I did it too radically?

Anyway, this is my 1st grow. Chances of messing around in some aspects are real and super ok indeed. If I get something smokeable, I’ll be happy.

Her pistils are getting darker everyday. I’m afraid that if I wait 1 more month I can get a super-couch-lock stuff. Would be cool to harvest the colas in different stages. I’d label them Crazy-Woody-Woodpecker, RegularReggae and CouchLock. =p

Do you known if it’s possible to to this?

Hmmm nice to know about the edibles. But I was euphemistically saying that I want to throw some smoke in the air by Xmas. Hehe. I like to call the budds β€œsalad” =p

Huge thanks mate πŸ™

• QueerHobbit
                        QueerHobbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can totally harvest in stages! As long as you have a dark place to let the buds dry out, you can harvest the "ripest" ones first and give others more time. Kind of a fun experiment, really, to see what kinds of different effects you get at different harvest times.

Are you still using cfl lighting?
                      3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
                      Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
                      Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
                      Couple of fans for airflow
                      First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
                      Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
                      Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange πŸ˜€

Comment

• TheZenArcher
                        TheZenArcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No, full sprectrum LED light since end of vegetation.
                        Last edited by TheZenArcher; 11-18-2020, 09:28 PM. Reason: Forgot the word LED

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X