Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lighting question

is 1200W led lighting for 4'x4'x6' tent

Check the manufacturer specs and please tell us what kind. I've got 3 to cover an area of 8x6. 1 2000W, 2 1500W. 2 KingLed and one Viparspectra quantum board. I check for PAR not watts.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

You will need to see how much power it actually uses.
      Most HID lighting as well as older tech 'blurple' led fixtures need approximately 50 watts/ sq ft of canopy.
      A 4x4 has 16 sq ft, so it would need 800 watts actual power consumption to achieve adequate light intensity.
      The advantage of using top-tier diodes like the lm301h is almost double the light output for each watt it uses.
      Top-tier fixtures need about 30 watts/ sq ft to achieve the same light levels.
      That same 4x4 using top-tier would need 480 watts.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I agree w Farmbuck that PAR is what you want to look at. You want to look for information like a diagram of PAR at different distances or similar. If the manufacturer doesn't or won't provide that info, don't buy it!

I'm using 1200W LED in my 4x4x8 tent and I'm very happy with the result. I got two Phlizon 600W Full Spectrum Grow Lights ~ more costly than one 1200W, but I like having more control over the light locations and heights.
        growing for fun & medicine ~ 4x4x8 tent ~ two 600W Phlizon LEDs ~ DWC 5gal buckets, Flora Trio + HydroGuard

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X