Trips and flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trips and flowers

I am on about my fifth indoor grow and I seem to be having a small problem with Thrips. I have one plant that has be in flower for about three weeks when I noticed some leaves turning color and did some research. I bought some Monterey insect spray to deal with them. My question is, is it ok to spray the plant while it is flowering. Will the spray have any affect on the buds, yield, taste or concentration of the final product? Thanks. Great site.

Howdy lanceambue . I don't know from your spray except it's probably a poison. In my opinion, there is no poison you can spray on anything that is to be ingested. That's my own personal.

Here is a link to a thread about an experiment I'm about at the end of, using apple cider vinegar for what ails my plants. In short, on a plumeria, I have gotten rid of WPM, whatever strain of mite that was curling leaves, and some sort of plumeria rust using a solution of 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a quart of water.

I took the idea to a pot plant to see what might happen to buds. Heavy spraying a weed bud for a week, with the same solution, didn't harm the bud. I will find out in a few days if there is any residual taste.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• lanceambue
      lanceambue commented
      Editing a comment
      I purchased the Monterey garden insect spray recommended by this site. So it shouldn't be poison. Should it?...

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      MGIS is not something I've used. If you ask 10 growers what to use on buds, you will get 12 answers and they will all begin with the word, "Depends." Perhaps I'm overly paranoid. But if MGIS kills bugs, it's probably poison. I'm using vinegar to replace other products I don't feel safe using. V works and I'm not worried, should I smoke bud with residue, I will die from the experience.

He’ll nah you shouldn’t spray it. Hey beneficial insects only if it’s not infested if it is just get rid of it specially since you said you have more plants growing. If it’s not bad beneficial insects will work. Grab a white piece of paper put it under the canopy and shake the bell out of the plant you will have an idea of how bad it is when you see the paper either full or not of thrips. Hope that helps

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X