Led light cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led light cost

I was thinking these days about indoor grow.I searched on google and saw that led lights are the best these days. If i want to grow one plant and give me about 100grams whats the cheapest led light you would suggest .

Spider farmer is selling off their older model sf1000 the only difference is the old ones don't have a dimmer and they're going for $100 US on Amazon the new ones are $160 the light will flower a 2x2 area which is about what is needed for 1 plant

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

You should figure 1 to 0.5 grams per watt if everything goes well. So 100 grams, I would look at something that has 200w draw from the wall or higher. That Spider Farmer 1000 is perfect for a 2x2 tent. It draws 100w from the wall. What size of space are you using? That will help figure out how much power you can pack in and what sort of footprint you'll want from the lights.

Comment

Spider farmer advertises 2.5g per watt I'm not sure if you can get to that but after adding a sf2000 to my room my total went from an average 120g under a couple blurple 113w each to 528g on the 1st round and I'm drying about the same amount now so don't have a weight yet. The efficiency of the new LEDs has changed all the numbers you can easily power a 4x4 tent with 400w of course I'd rather have $1000 650w light. I just bought another sf2000 and a 4x4 tent in hopes of controlling the environment a little better than in my closet and add another 1/4 - 1/2 pound 🤞 seeds have sprouted and are in cups 🤞
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

Originally posted by MeEasy View Post
          Spider farmer advertises 2.5g per watt I'm not sure if you can get to that but after adding a sf2000 to my room my total went from an average 120g under a couple blurple 113w each to 528g on the 1st round and I'm drying about the same amount now so don't have a weight yet. The efficiency of the new LEDs has changed all the numbers you can easily power a 4x4 tent with 400w of course I'd rather have $1000 650w light. I just bought another sf2000 and a 4x4 tent in hopes of controlling the environment a little better than in my closet and add another 1/4 - 1/2 pound 🤞 seeds have sprouted and are in cups 🤞
          Holy shit, that is a leap. Good for you man, must of been a hell of a feeling. The Spider Farmers slightly underperform their specs based on real world testing by Dr. Coco / Migrow, but they are still a great light. I own a few as well. Good luck on the new grow

Comment

Thanks ChadWestport it did feel good to have finally broken the 1 pound bar after not getting anywhere with the old blurples, looking back though I was getting about average from $80 worth of lights a little better than .5 g per watt. Coco was who convinced me to buy sf they rated them as good (thinking they were in top 5) for mid priced lights and the parts used to build sf are the exact same ones used by HLG so I figured they had to be decent and I liked the one enough to buy a second. Here's a couple pics of what I have drying now
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• ChadWestport
              ChadWestport commented
              Editing a comment
              I went with SF as well. Currently in the first flowering with them, so not sure yet. I do know veg looked great and they are off to a good start in flower, but final harvest will help cement my decision on them. So far, very happy with my purchase. Lovely looking plants

Originally posted by Giannhs View Post
            I was thinking these days about indoor grow.I searched on google and saw that led lights are the best these days. If i want to grow one plant and give me about 100grams whats the cheapest led light you would suggest .
            I don't want to sound like a salesman, but I recently purchased the ViparSpectrum XS 1500 and I'm completely satisfied with the results on my current near-harvest grow. Like you, I only grow one plant at a time so I can put my full effort in pampering a single girl at a time (serial monogamy?). It's early yet but I'm guessing I'll net 300 grams out of my current White Widow plant. '

Vipar says the light is designed for a 2'x2' coverage during flowering hence, single plant grow. For a bigger grow they have the XS2200. This light is state of the art with full spectrum, dimming, and high watts/PPFD efficiency. It received great reviews on Migro. I ordered directly from Amazon and they have a discount code (look for it in the reviews) that brings the price down to $130. It arrived next say with free delivery.

Any questions you can PM me, but this light should certainly be a candidate.
            My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
            I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
            Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• Giannhs
              Giannhs commented
              Editing a comment
              Thenks man from what you say its really close to what i want i am gonna check it now

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X