Auto flower on 12/12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto flower on 12/12?

I have seen and heard many claim that an auto does fine on 12/12, just doesn't get as big. I started a new auto (Blueberry by seedsman, a freebie) with the thought I would try it on 12/12. I started with a different method of germ; directly in the pot. This is after a few fails from germed auto seeds not shedding seed caps or knotted taproot. It worked fantastic, using a humidity dome over the seed until it broke through the soil. I am just now getting into this unique flower and absolutely loving it. But, can it succeed in 12/12? Anyone experienced with this?
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

That's a great pic - especially with the seed hull at the bottom. Your plant will do well - maybe you want to slow her growth a little - autoflowers are easily confused. By slowing her growth she'll be under the lights for a few weeks longer than what the seed producer says.

Wait until you have six nodes before topping - but before then - once she has maybe her third node - then look at which fan leaf is blocking a possible bud site. This will do 2 things - you get to monitor how she reacts to losing 2 leaves - does she pout or keep on trucking like it was nothing - second thing is you will see how fast those shoots you exposed come up. Then if you don't want to top - there are 3 more sets of leaves to snip off - one pair at a time until you have 8 shoots coming up with the main cola. Or if it's a bush - keep cutting

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

That is interesting, I love your sense of experiment. I know it will work, not sure what the comparable yield would be though. Hopefully you've done a control plant at your normal lighting schedule to use as reference. I still haven't grown an auto all the way to harvest, but I don't buy seeds online, so that kind of limits me to photoperiods.

Comment

I chose this seed basically because it's a fem auto, it was free and it supposedly has a super short (7 to 9 weeks) grow time. I don't top autos, at least not on purpose, I have done a few accidental toppings, noticed a reduced size in flowers between Sister plants. I do like learning and best way to learn is to do. Im wanting to interbreed a few plants and it would be convenient if auto and flowering photo will thrive together. Thanks for input!
        has a garden in the back

Comment

Good to see ya back Woodsman67
          I did some autos this Summer & put 1 in the flowering tent. On 12/12 the buds were a little smaller but sooo much tighter & dense that those outside.
          Definitely not enough data to form an opinion but I think it warrants further experimentation.

Comment

I am finishing up a couple autos that went the whole distance at 12/12. One was fortunately mostly cloudy when I broke it, the other will be ready in another few days? The one was broken 2 days after the expected window opened, so that was cool. It also got sunburned during a light SNAFU. I have trimmed the premature-by-a-little LSx strawb cheesecake and it is drying and no one is going to see the yield on that one, lol. I like to experiment also. Unfortunately for this, my 2nd grow, I did all the experiments in about one month on the same plants. That is a very bad way to run a science project, LOL. The lemon skunk is plumping up and I'm kinda glad, because I had to transplant them both about 3 weeks ago. But both went from start to finish on 12/12.

Comment

Before I got started with my 1st grow I was reading loads about12/12, 18/6 etc.. And my impression is that it is very strain dependant how autos like one or the other but that if you do 12/12 to leave out training or at the most top them once.
              If it's convenient to run them 12/12 with photo periods I would just do it, I'm sure I'll end up trying it at least once in the future myself.

Comment

I have an auto that I'm growing on 12/12. I chose it because of the same reason as Woodsman. Free. It's just an experiment. Photo's are my true love. I've grown several auto's and I think the seeds from a lot of dealers are not very stable and the outcome is pretty dicey but I just had to grow one in a coffee container. Good growing to all !!
                Focus and relativity.

Comment

mine
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
                    AccidentalGardener commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those are purty! All you need is a jingle bell or two and you are all decorated up

• aintdedyet
                    aintdedyet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    now that's what I call a Breakfast Blend!

Where the hell do you guys buy coffee? I buy the largest in stock in my local store and they’re only about half the size of those.

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
                    Eliot Pryor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Walmart.

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Costco is where i buy the folgers

• Bowhunterwoody
                    Bowhunterwoody commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We have BJ's here.

Putain !! Am I the only photo grower here ??
                  Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                  Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                  Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                  Full auto grow
                  Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                  12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love growing the photos those autos are for quick needs less than 3month harvest vs 5month give or take. I will always grow photos before autos. I learn more by doing those photos having more training time.

• Farmbuck
                    Farmbuck commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agreed !! both are a nice combo, autos for quick medicinal etc. and photos for slow Sativa strains non ?

• ChadWestport
                    ChadWestport commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nope, All I've ever known is photos

I have some excellent photo strains. Some I bought and reproduced, some I've had for years. I am not prejudiced in any way, ill enjoy growing autos, photos, revegged plants i just harvested or clones. Its all good. Some is more better gooder than others, but its all good.🙂
                  has a garden in the back

Comment

Just an update picture. 9 days since I put the seed in the dirt.
                    has a garden in the back

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looking great no purple stem mine most the time have purple stem

common belief is that plants grow greens during the light, and grow roots during the dark. Light is food, and the more you can give it, the better it will grow. Running lights at 12/12 should give good results, but 18/6 for late flowering will give better results.
                    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X