FoxFarm soil availability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FoxFarm soil availability?

I've been trying to stock up on grow needs in advance of what looks like the next quarantine. I can find everything I need except Ocean Forest or Happy Frog soils. The outlet I usually buy from is out and doesn't know if it will return. Does anyone know what's up with them? The nutrient line is getting stretched thin locally as well but I can get that through the web if needed.

Is there a readily available (in the U.S.) alternative that may have national coverage?
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

I've not heard sorry OlderNOTwiser man i sure hope it don't come down to this again.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
      OlderNOTwiser commented
      Editing a comment
      I have enough to fill two 3gallon bags (I think) and my tent is occupied right now. By the New Year I'll need a bag or two so shopping prior to the weather change. Actually I've been looking for over a month and zip!

I don't think I'm ready for a living soil with toppings, etc. but I'm beginning to think it is either that or MG products and I'm really not going there. Youtube gets me only so far and I'm lurching about trying to fill the gaps.

SO! What do you soil folks use? I know that's a loaded question but I'm running out of options I think. I can change the grow style only so much but soil of some sort would be the ideal.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I recycle my potting soil use it 2x add abit of fresh to it. But i do buy soils and blend other ingredients in it. I have 2 big totes with lids i mixed earlier before fall and still have soil in the pots from summer sitting in the greenhouse. I'll take 1/2 out of those and mix in with some new for a couple times.

It’s been about a month since I was there but my local Rural King still had a decent selection of FF soils.

Comment

Originally posted by OlderNOTwiser View Post
      Is there a readily available (in the U.S.) alternative that may have national coverage?
      I like the Royal Gold - Kings Mix. It is a very suitable replacement for FFOF. It comes with a similar level of amendments but it does use a little bit of coco in the mix, which I like, because I can water more and keep these things wet instead of waiting an extra day or two for the top layer to dry a little. But initial Ph, ppm and EC ratings are virtually the same between the two brands.

Comment

Well, I just got back from grabbing what appears to be the last two bags within 25 miles of me! The only ones I could find after phone searching all of the listed sellers was 20 miles away. They're mine now.

For clarity, I grabbed the last of the Ocean Forest. The Royal Gold is carried by a hydro shop sort of close. Definitely keep them in mind.
        Last edited by OlderNOTwiser; 11-13-2020, 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling and clarification

Comment

For my next grow im switching from FFOF & Nectar of the gods potting soil to living soil and dry amendments. I heard FFOF is hard to get locally.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Um... FFOF is pretty available on eBay. Got mine in three days after order.

If you look at the right companies, they'll sell you a bag for a few dollars cheaper than everyone else. When you check out their shipping, I swear I saw this one, you can pay $300 for shipping. Or, if you want 75 bags, there's another site that will sell you a pallet at $20 a bag. Not sure the shipping.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

Just have to keep an eye out. Since covid the availability and prices are crazy. I needed some a few months ago and cocoloco was $73 a f’n bag. ONE bag! I didn’t order it and by the next week it was down to $43

Comment

No shortages in my area. Not only avail in the grow stores but also at some garden centers. @ChadWest nice to know about Royal Gold - King's Mix as an alternative.
                Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

I've been lucky finding it at walmart.com free shipping. good luck. https://www.walmart.com/search/searc..._query=foxfarm

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X