Led lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led lighting

Wondering if my 1500w led grow light is enough for a 4X4X80 grow tent, or should i need two

Light manufacturer should have specs on their website. Also, is your light 1500w or 1500w equivalent? There’s a big difference, not knowing make and model.

Comment

• MarcA
      MarcA commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comment, i geuss its equivalent, 250w. W250 write on the manufacturers label

Originally posted by MarcA View Post
    Wondering if my 1500w led grow light is enough for a 4X4X80 grow tent, or should i need two
    You will need to see if the fixture lists the actual power draw.
    If it's an older 'blurple' fixture, then a simple metric for HID lighting and older tech blurple diodes would be 50 watts/sq ft of canopy.
    That's the amount of power you'll need to achieve adequate light levels.
    When you step up to current-tech diodes like the lm301h, you can achieve the same light level @ 30 watts/ sq ft.
    So, for your example a 4x4 will need 800 watts of blurple leds or 480 watts of top-tier diodes.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thanks for a very detailed comment, written on label 250w newest model, plants are 4 Bruce Banner auto feminized (first grow) in 10gal fabric pots, in promix. I almost lost them in my incubator (may have let them to long, 2 or 3 days). So I panicked a bit, all is good now, but I guess the real question is should I buy another light later in the flowering stage, the manufacturer says only that the core coverage form 18" to 24" is only 2.5 feet by 2.5 feet. 24" (750umol/ms )and 18" (812ms)

Comment

You'll benefit from extra light in flower. The footprint will expand, but flowering plants also like a higher intensity light.

Comment

If I buy Bloom plus 3000w (manufacturer says 600w hps/md) and my 250w cheap 0ne i should be good right for my 4x4 grow tent.
          Amazon search:
          B082XY8B75 (3000w led)
          B075SRHWQP(1000w led)
          Last edited by MarcA; 11-16-2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Well, l apologize, l have finally bought a 1000w hps/mh, but I will keep my led light, could I use a 1500w (250w really)led light to keep a mother alive for cloning, I would like to thank everyone for your help.

Comment

Your 250w fixture should do a 3x3 veg area.
              WHAT???
              5x5 grow space
              900w of Vero's and F-strips
              4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Yep, that light will work fine for clones. Likely can keep it 24" off the canopy top.

Comment

Thanks guys, the grow is doing fine at 11 days from germination, I think it's going well

Comment

Originally posted by MarcA View Post
                    The equivalent rating some manufactures use can be unclear, especially when one realizes the real power rating is the key factor.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X