Smoking, vape, decarb, ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking, vape, decarb, ?

I’ve never really looked into any of this “fancy” crap and I know there have been a few threads since I’ve been here but didn’t really pay attention to them since when I saw vape I thought that meant using some sort of oil or something and had no interest in that. Am I correct that you can buy a unit and crumble up some weed into a bowl and smoke it, not burning up the weed but decarbing it and then you can use it to make butter?

Absolutely. I found it wasnt for me but many I know dry vape and love it. I am wanting to get away from burning all that carbon and breathing it in, and maybe try some rosin.
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

Originally posted by Xena View Post
      I’ve never really looked into any of this “fancy” crap and I know there have been a few threads since I’ve been here but didn’t really pay attention to them since when I saw vape I thought that meant using some sort of oil or something and had no interest in that. Am I correct that you can buy a unit and crumble up some weed into a bowl and smoke it, not burning up the weed but decarbing it and then you can use it to make butter?
      Absolutely, this is what my wife does. She uses a unit from vapor bros. Its similar to the volcano in that it heats the flower to get the desired terpenes and cannabinoids to volatize but it only browns the material, there is no combustion. She puts it all in a jar and then make killer brownies with it later.

Comment

Thanks..... want to guess what I’ll be getting my wife for Christmas or our anniversary (which is two weeks before Christmas)? 😄

Comment

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a PAX3, it does pretty well. I live in a backward state, security is utmost for me. That and I want to minimize my smoke inhalation.

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Xena, I have switched completely to dry herb vaping to spare my aging lungs and to better savor the subtle flavors that you find at various temperatures. Not for everyone I suppose but well worth your time to try. K-Vape Pro is an inexpensive way to check it out.

Here's a source for in depth Vape reviews:

Check out my list of top picks for Best Desktop Vaporizer to see which units I like and recommend the most. Some of them are beastly! Stay up! -Bud

Regards,

-Grouchy

I just started research. I think pax, solo, and firefly all look okay. At this second I’m thinking Kahn vaporizer, got really good online reviews and the price is reasonable. Anyone here tried a Kahn? I don’t trust online reviews that much, you never know how many are just made up by the manufacturer.

Comment

• Floopydoop
          Floopydoop commented
          Editing a comment
          Xena, take a look at the DynaVap Vap Cap. I use it to microdose with little bowls, works great!

• Cheeba
          Cheeba commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a portable dry herb vape called Hit by YoCan. Cool little unit with digital temp control that I picked up at a local smoke shop. It provides a nice change from burning and is easy to transport, but it does use a bit more flower than a bowl. Try it!

• Cheeba
          Cheeba commented
          Editing a comment
          Huh now that I’m growing maybe I should save the ABV weed for edibles.

For over 30yrs all I’ve done is smoke bud so im completely ignorant to all the new ways of getting high. So you can grind up bud and put it into a vape device? I’m curious, does this method provide a better buzz, less harmful on the lungs ect?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes and yes

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          bboyfromwayback I’m like you, I had no idea. What really amazed me was you can smoke it, get high, and then save what you just smoked for making butter (or other stuff, but I want butter) since it doesn’t burn up your bud. Ain’t the future a wonderful freakin thing.

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting. I thought you had to buy oil to vape it and I’m not in a legal state. This is a new ballgame. Every time I clean my bowl and it’s immediately black again I think of my lungs. Gona have to try this out

Get a desktop. I got an arizer q extreme. Been using it for 8 years with no issues. Super potent and tasty. I vape my trimm mostly. Handheld vapes are toys compared to desktops

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X