Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Mysterious Deficiency

Hey guys,

I started growing a northern lights auto about 4 weeks ago. Everything is going well, except for the fact that the leaves of the plant appear to have lost some of their pigment. I am struggling to figure out if this is a deficiency or something else is going wrong. If you could take a look and let me know what you guys think that would be great.

For reference I am using a 300w viparspectra led and am using fox farm happy frog soil. I just started to give it a cal/mag supplement but it doesn’t seem to be making a difference.
    Attached Files

Are you ph,ing your water after adding it? Are you feeding it anything else? Leaves lighten up it's a sign of hunger, but can be caused by ph being off
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

How is your watering practice?
    how big is the pot and how much water are you feeding ??

could be PH - if you don’t monitor it, you need to do.

Your vipar - is it 300W actual watts ? Or is it the name of the lamp and have a different actual wattage output ?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• cosmo122
      cosmo122 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there, thanks for the reply!

I am watering when the soil is no longer moist a knuckle deep in the soil, which usually ends up being once a day. It is being grown in a 3 gallon grow bag and I don’t know the exact amount of water but I would say roughly two water bottles worth. I haven’t been monitoring ph, what is the best way to go about that?

As far as the vipar goes, “putting out 412 umol at the center, and about 150umol by the time you go 2ft outward”

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Once a day seems a little bit too much. If the soil is dry after one day, give it more water. You should be able to give water and give enough to last 2-3 days..

About the PH you need to buy a digital PH meter, it’s the best way to be sure about the ph levels.. all problem solving starts with the PH. It the PH levels is not in range - the plant can get many signs of deficiency.

Okay because mine is a R900 but it’s actual wattage is 380W I think.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X