How much light for a 2'x4'x60" tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much light for a 2'x4'x60" tent?

I had been using just a Viparspectra VP2000, but also recently added 2 Mars Hydro 600 watt lights. Too much? Use just the big one? In combination of? I just grow autos, trying to get away from the dispensaries. Thanking ya'll in advance.

The Mars ts600 will veg 2x2 and flower 1.5x1.5 each. No idea what the VP covers.

Comment

• garybob69
      garybob69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, That's true of the Mars Hydro. The VP is supposed to cover a 3'x3'. Is too much light a thing? Waste of money running 2 or 3 of the lights?

I run over 300 real watts of decent LED lighting for my 2x4 tent and get good results. I use a QB style 238 Watt board and add a 100 Watt Cree cob LED when in flower. I have pulled a lb in this space.

Comment

• garybob69
      garybob69 commented
      Editing a comment
      The 3 of these will do a bit better according to my kill-o-watt meter. Perhaps that's the ticket, the Vipar during veg, throw all of them at flower. Thank you.

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      You're working with 8 sq ft of canopy.
      To get adequate light intensity in that space, a simple metric helps.
      HID lighting(HPS, CMH, MH) needs approx. 50 watts/ sq ft
      Older tech diodes(blurples) used in economy fixtures need the same 50 watt/ sq ft power density.
      Current-tech diodes like those used in QB's can achieve the same photon output at 30 watts/ sq ft.

So, 400 watts of blurples or 240 watts of QB's.

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn gbauto I think that was the best explanation or description of necessary lighting I've seen on the internet. I am going to screenshot this so I can reference it when I'm explaining lights to someone. Good work and thanks I can never get it out right and most of the time I see everyone just say "you need 35-50 watts to flower" never separating the different type lights

Thanx all. Seems like I can remove one of the 600 watt mars

Comment

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Personally I would leave all three in there. I would center the vp and put the 2 Mars on each side, use just the vp for veg and all three for flower

• garybob69
      garybob69 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's how I have them set up. I think I'll leave them as they are. I appreciate your input.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X