• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powdery Mildew on Cannabis Plants

what can i do to fix my probleme?

humidity 45%
    temp 75
    Attached Files

Spores are everywhere. Cant stop that factor. The condition that is making the spores bloom is the issue.
    first treat the infection. The WPM is releasing more spores and you need to stop that first. An anti fungal will control the population for a short duration. You need a plant misting wand (normal spray bottle won’t fix it). Full coverage of plant is required, the underside of each leaf too. I even spray the soil down on mine.
    I personally like to remove the infected leaves. Don’t pull them off and release more spores into your garden... use a plastic bag, and cut the stem of the infected leaf keeping any released spores inside the bag. Toss the bags with infected leaves into a larger bag and get rid of it.
    If too many leaves are infected... you might have to battle it out with anti fungal applications until she growers new leaves that are free from infection. Follow the anti fungal directions but 2-3 applications per week may be required. Just remember to spray when lights first turn off and never spray buds directly. Also note spraying raises humidity, which can cause problems. Exhaust or dehumidify. More fresh air is best.
    I like to test my first batch of anti fungal on a single leaf and check it the next day. If burnt, the batch was too strong... if all is well make every batch the exact same way.
    once that is in control you need to work on preventing more spores from blooming. A large hepa filter ($200 plus for a good system) will filter spores from the air nicely. Spread plants apart so no leaves are touching each other. Get an osolating fan to gently breeze across the leaves (simulating wind in nature) make sure you do this after WPM is gone (don’t blow spores around the room). Remove leaves that are far below the usable light. Remove any plant material that has died or turned brown.
    WPM is a nasty little pest, but changing the conditions inside the grow room should keep it from returning.
    check plant daily all over for signs of WPM. If seen, remove the leaf. This will take time to control, but it’s necessary to do so.
    Last edited by Toker1; 11-05-2020, 02:44 AM.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Thank a lot M. Toker1. Could you tell me what mean WPM ?

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        White Powdery Mildew, hun
        It is the pits. Good luck fighting it.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        WPM = white powdery mildew

Yes Willy if all the plant is that bad those buds may follow with rot.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X