Drying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying

I am in central Oklahoma trying to dry a crop of chizel. It is one plant and the problem I'm having and drying it is low humidity on and off and low temperature. I can only dry in my garage. Temperatures outside my unheated garage run high 30s to mid-forties at night humidity can get as low as 20 what typically it's 35. Any warnings or suggestions will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Air flow mate low temps wont be so bad as long as not freezeing it will just take longer but if your going to be drying more u might be better to build something so u can control more mate

Comment

35 it's too low, get a closed space: a cardboard, closet, wooden forniture, any container big enough to hang colas inside and leave enough openings for air to exchange, you want 60% or at least 50

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        The plants will release moisture into the air so you want to control how much moisture remains inside your box by regulating the air exchange

Don’t trim prior to drying...Keep the Leaves On... this will increase humidity. Water day before chop. Can you add a humidifier? This will help. Heating the garage will bring down the RH. What is ambient Rh like?
      Brown paper bags might be a better option to dry with
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X