☝🏼1 quick question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! ☝🏼1 quick question?

So iv noticed the base of my plants stem, is thinner than the top. Wen she was transplanted from her solo cup, she had been stretching and I was advised by many to bury most of the stem to help with root growth and overall strength ~ My Question is: can I do the same thing at this stage of plant growth? Or will the buried portion end up with stem/root rot?
    Attached Files

U can bury up to first node wouldnt do anymore

Comment

Right. Plant the plant lower than it is. The trunk that gets newly buried with soil will grow roots. Same-same if you top off your soil.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

And what's with the purple fan leaves?
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Looking at the plant, the plant needs some nutrients, the purpling is likely from lack of phosphorus. I also use Silica to help build stronger thicker stems in my plants.

You can bury the stems up to the cotyledon or the first node and they will grow roots, but that is usually best done when the stalk is young and less woody / fibrous.

Comment

Yes you can cover more of it, I cover up to 6 limbs, many will take root and grow like mad!

Comment

• growell
              growell commented
              Editing a comment
              U bury your plant 6 branches high you dont get any problems ddo u dothis after flower strech or when u repot mate

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I do this in veg stage, can do it at transplant, I mainly grow outside. After they start flower it may not help anything.

Thank you for the advice guys - will definitely follow through with topping her up with more soil, and also look into giving her a feed 🙂

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X