Bubbleponics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubbleponics

Do I need to germinate my seeds before putting them into rapid rooter and my bubbleponic set up?

Howdy Pittypat, You can sprout the seeds directly in the starters (I use the rockwool cubes myself), but I prefer to germinate the seeds on a wet paper towel so that I can see which seeds are viable in stead of waiting and guessing which ones will 'pop' up out of the cubes. Once I see a good root showing, I place them into a cube.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Pittypat
      Pittypat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much. Now I have one other little question. Should I wet my rapid rooters before setting it in my bubbleponic set up. The seeds are germinating. The grow weed easy manual was not very specific if they should be wet before going in the set up.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pittypat, I do not use the rapid rooter peat cubes, but I would assume that they should be soaked prior to putting the seeds into them as the rockwool cubes are done. I soak the rockwool cubes in water, adjusted to a pH of 5.9 to 5.5 before placing the sprouts in them.

I agree with above. Just be sure to accomplish a wet-dry cycle, especially when she is a bigger plant. Seeds like moisture.. but stagnant water causes bacterial issues.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Medium gets wet... then dries out a bit before re-watering.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Toker1 for the information. No wonder that I had not heard that term as I'm running a DWC grow and it's a;; ways wet! (LOL)

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Water in the reservoir is pumped with air. So that is ok as long as temps are low enough to hold enough dissolved oxygen.
      Above the water line needs to be dry or needs to dry out (like in a RDWC unit). If using rockwoll, rapid rooters, or another similar medium above the water line.... it needs to wet-dry or stay dry throughout.

Toker when you say it needs to be wet dry or stay dry throughout, do you mean just to put the seeds in the rapid rooters and keep the rapid rooters dry in the bubbleponic system through the whole growing process?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X