Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! A Few Blotchy, Transparent, Slightly Wrinkled Leaves

Hi There,

New growers here! We think our plants are doing pretty well, but a few leaves seem to be blotchy - almost transparent looking a wrinkly? We think it may be a Magnesium or Copper deficiency.

We began the flowering stage 9 days ago (12, 12), and only really notice a handful of leaves and just want to make sure if there's anything else we can be doing for optimum growth. We don't have any PH monitors and use rain water collected from outside for watering (during early vegetation we used to use filtered tap water via a Brita pitcher)

Let us know your thoughts! And thanks for being a wonderful community!

Hello and welcome to GWE grow forum. I'm gonna start by saying good job growing healthy so far. I don't see the problem you think you have? New growth will be a tad lighter green and they are adjusting to the switch from 12/12. Maybe you splashed some water or nute on that white spot on the leaf? Without knowing your soil or light watts looks like you got a soft white light what is that light bulb? Are you using a fan? Heat can cause wrinkle leaf with fan on them? Don't use roof runoff for water bad doo doo OK to collect free falling rain. What are you feeding? How old are they and what strain? We like lots of info. Good luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I have to agree, overall, the plants look healthy. I don't see a magnesium deficiency here, copper is an immobile nutrient, so you would likely see any deficiency at the top of the plant first.

Do you do any foliar spray with nutes or oils?

Comment

Thanks y'all! We really don't use anything special. Just organic potting soil from the store. Stopped spraying the leaves with water several weeks ago during the middle of the vegetation stage. We collect free falling rain. We are also using a oscillating fan, fan exhaust out, and another small fan in blowing new air. As for lighting, we use 3 full spectrum and 3 warmer soft lights. We just fed them 0-10-10 (NPK) No nitrogen flowering nutrient. This is the first we've ever provided to the plants nutrients outside of the ones that came with the soil.

I'll have to look up foliar spray and oils.

Comment

Given that the leaves look pretty darn healthy, I'd likely say it is a result of burning / spotting from the foliar sprays, oils being the main culprit. Nutrients can do it to though. Sometimes not all of it evaporates before the lights go on and oils can cause lensing. In the case of nutrients, sometimes when they evaporate, they leave behind salts, which can burn the plant.

Comment

Overall, not too bad but the one major deficiency I see forming is light.
            That's the reason they are spindly.
            6 screw-in bulbs won't generate sufficient intensity to flower multiple plants.
            A rough guess-timate for power using led light bulbs would be 45 watts consumed/sq ft of canopy.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• ChadWestport
              ChadWestport commented
              Editing a comment
              Good point, but you'd be surprised. My first few grows were using 6 cfl bulbs. Definitely got the plants to harvest, definitely not the largest yield.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X