The SOLO cup challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SOLO cup challenge

I keep hearing about SOLO cup challenges. Well, here is my entry. It can be done. These 3 plants are in 16oz cups that were 3/4 full of generic potting soil that the germinated seeds were put into. Germination early April. It is now late October and we are expecting our first hard freeze tomorrow, so harvest they must. Random bag seeds, left in cups because ran out of pots and these were the runts. They were topped once, and wired to the deck rail. I gave them nutes & water when they looked parched. Other than that they have had NOTHING done to them. They were outside the entire time durviving huricaines, rain, wind, hail storms, light freeze. The tallest one is 57 inches tall. The roots are starting to grow up out of the soil. There are a few good but small buds on there. So this is what a super neglected plant in a SOLO cup will do.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

That just shows how resilient these plants are. There’s a thread on here a few years old for a solo cup challenge if you want to search for it just to see what plants cared for properly in a solo cup can produce but I’m like you, if they make it they make it, I’m not trying to water a plant 10 times a day just to grow it in a solo cup lol

Comment

Hi guys

Haven't passed by here for quite a long time but I got the news email mentioning the Solo Cup Challenge, so I thought I would drop a few pictures of my first solo cup challenge.
      I would really encourage all growers to join a Solo Cup Challenge at least once in their growing life 😁
      Sorry for the advertising banner but seeds are sponsored by Seedstockers so they deserve it ❤️
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20210704_101532.jpg
Views:	3629
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	523571Click image for larger version

Name:	20210704_101457.jpg
Views:	3647
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	523572Click image for larger version

Name:	20210704_101517.jpg
Views:	3591
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	523573Click image for larger version

Name:	20210704_101556.jpg
Views:	3588
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	523574

Comment

It's the 2020 Grow Weed Easy.com Forum Grow off. Because of NebulaHaze and SiriusFourside we have the best access for sharing and growing cannabis. From the Website to the Fourm we are part of the best resources for Growing weed on the internet. A big thanks goes out to the both of them for they continued support to host

:PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Ready or not the the time has finally come to open the judging for the 2020 GWE solo cup grow off. Please keep the following rules for this thread. 1) Only competitors should be posting here. 2) Post only once, one plant and only a sole cup plant. you get one post so make it count 3) plants must
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL abit late for the game for this thread eh??? OlderNOTwiser . Sorry JSH1973 your plant may of had a chance had it been entered way way back when.

I just wanted to be sure those who maybe haven't been here very long saw the big Solo threads. If memory serves there were several of us with one or two plants previously grown. But I know I learned a ton by doing it.

JSH1973 Were you bored or just trying to see what could be done? Looks really cool but I can't really make out what it was gonna be.
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

Here was one of this year's entries,

Name:	HERM 1A.jpg
Views:	3628
Size:	759.9 KB
ID:	523618

And then hermie happened.

Name:	HERM 6A.jpg
Views:	3567
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	523619

And that is all I have to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by OlderNOTwiser View Post

JSH1973 Were you bored or just trying to see what could be done? Looks really cool but I can't really make out what it was gonna be.
            It is just a fun plant, not for yield as you can see

I had hoped for much bigger nuggets but I screwed up on nutes and watering, giving her only Canna Start mix for 6 days by mistake plus a few other things along the way

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
              DeadlyFruit commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you manifold a solo cup? I love it! 😀

Does the winner of the solo cup challenge get a solo cup cup?
            600W LEDs (when growing indoors)
            70% John Innes #3 compost. 15% Perlite. 15% coir
            10 inch (3 gallon) pots

"I can resist everything, except temptation"
            Oscar Wilde

Comment

I love solo cup grows Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210521_023943693~2.jpg
Views:	2131
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	547272Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210728_174132127.jpg
Views:	2105
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	547273Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210728_174125073.jpg
Views:	2772
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	547274Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210529_035651356.jpg
Views:	2267
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	547275Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210720-182212.png
Views:	2201
Size:	5.49 MB
ID:	547276

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
                DeadlyFruit commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m calling that a pretty impressive bit of solo bud!

Now that is the first time I have seen a main stem tied in a knot. Is there a method to this madness or is it just because you can. Impressive solo grow.

Comment

BCOutdoorBudz Wow ok that one made my day! Is it considered high stress training if you tie it in a knot? You may have the final proof that HST works well to create large buds! Good job!
                Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                make pH correction unnecessary
                Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Originally posted by Ckbrew View Post
                  Now that is the first time I have seen a main stem tied in a knot. Is there a method to this madness or is it just because you can. Impressive solo grow.
                  Just having some fun and seeing how hard you can push stable genetics without it going all Bruce Jenner on me. I've tried every method and trick out there by now but had never seen a plant tied in a knot so I went ahead and did it.

Comment

• Ckbrew
                    Ckbrew commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just because you can, having fun, nice one.

Thanks for reminding me, I never posted this year's solo finisher. Only had one, the rest herm and were burned. It was the last to be cut from the first wave, right before chop.

Name:	SOLO 2021-2 (2).jpg
Views:	2502
Size:	844.9 KB
ID:	547430Click image for larger version

Name:	SOLO 2021-1A.jpg
Views:	2470
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	547431

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X