What happened here?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What happened here?!

Evening all ILGM members, readers, followers etc, I had started growing 4 plants from random bag seeds, and the bare minimum basics (potting mix, coir, perlite and Sun). I watered them with bottled spring water, and once gave them a very diluted solution of (blood&bone fertiliser, photo bellow) 2 of the plants turned male and I disposed of them. The last two iv just been watching, watering and sun chasing, with them as I try and learn from my mistakes - the 1st plant stopped growing and has gradually become lighter and lighter in colour, and I discovered a patch on the stem that concerns me. I ask if it’s root rot perhaps? The 2nd plant has continued to grow, however I read a little about FIMing plants, so I experimented with that, freaked out and ended up topping her instead. It threw her into shock I think because over the next few days her leaves went dark purple. She has now began new growth, with ‘two’ new flowers starting at the tip and at the base of leaves, so mayb the topping worked 🤷🏻‍♀️ however I don’t even know if she’ll survive
    I will provide photos(apologies for the quality) (1st two pics are of dying root rot plant. 2nd two pics are of remaining living plant, hopefully it’s stem isn’t rotting)
    My questions are ~ do cannabis plants die after flower? What should I do with my remaining living plant with purple leaves, flowers and is teeny tiny? ~AND~ what is my dying plant dying from in ur opinion (is the stem rotten?) sorry for the babble, and I hope I haven’t wasted anyone’s time
    Attached Files

This is the blood & bone fertiliser I used
    Attached Files

Comment

What is the PH of your water feeding ??

also I think they were too small to give any fertilizer
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Looks like iron or chlorine but as Captain said to young for nutes so I'm leaning toward to much iron. It looks like a coco mix and without personal experience I have heard from many that it's hot
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Ok thank you, this information helps. I think 🤔 ur prolly right on the money with too much iron mayb, because there is added calcium and iron in the blood & bone ~ So now that what do u recommend to remedy the situation? Do I sit it in the bath 🛁 under a slow tap, and run the water until it comes out the bottom (is that flushing?) or will that drown her? Poor darling is an experimental learning experience, so I know she won’t grow to her 💯% potential, however I have been given a female seed that’s been germinated and potted and I don’t want to stuff that one up. ‘Hence lady mistakes’
          Thanks for all ur time and advice as I continue this journey (apologies for repeating myself and/or not understanding at times etc. I’m a slow learner 🙃) •••below is a pic of the feminized seed/seedling I was given•••
          Attached Files

Comment

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            I never give up on a plant so I would flush it but not with straight tap water unless it has a ph between 6 and 7 then put it under your light but put the light up high so not to stress it at all. Don't water it again until it dries out a little. Most important cross your fingers good luck

Cheers mate 🙂👍 tyvm!

Comment

i agree with meeasy flush them wait till pot is light and keep going there not dead yet mate

Comment

water the dam things coco is 2 never to dry out u all so need some cal/mag ever watering/feeding coco holds on to calcium ............................................. go to growweedeasy,com not the forum and read .......... i use pro-mix hp love it and the plants do .......... just a couple pictures

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X