Will my girls grow up any more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will my girls grow up any more?

I’m in week 4 of flowering, I’m really pleased with my girls but as I’m a newbie and don’t know what to expect, i wondered if I could expect any more height from them over the next couple of weeks?
    90x90 grow tent
    1000w Mars Hydro LED unit
    600w HPS with Cool Tube
    600w LUMii BLACK Dimmable Digital Ballast
    100mm RAM Carbon Filter

Smart Pots
    Bio-Bizz All Mix with Pearlite
    Bio-Bizz Grow, Bloom, Fish Mix & Top-Max

No, you won't get anymore height now.. (sorry 😞) I'm at exactly the same stage as you are now but have the opposite problem.. I now have to worry about holding them upright as the buds fatten..(eeekk!!)
    So on your next grow, give them a lil bit longer in vege to get more height!!
    They look Good!! 😊

Comment

If they grow any more in height it won’t be much. They’ll start fattening up and filling out from here on

Comment

Cheers guys, was a bit worried about yield but it is what it is lol.
        90x90 grow tent
        1000w Mars Hydro LED unit
        600w HPS with Cool Tube
        600w LUMii BLACK Dimmable Digital Ballast
        100mm RAM Carbon Filter

Smart Pots
        Bio-Bizz All Mix with Pearlite
        Bio-Bizz Grow, Bloom, Fish Mix & Top-Max

Comment

No more height but they'll continue to bush. Week 4 is a bit late but I'd give em a haircut to improve airflow and light penetration. The canopy is looking sharp!
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

They grow up so fast. Before you know, they get their heads chopped off.

Comment

Everyone says that plants double in height after you switch to 12s but in my short two years of indoor growing I've never seen more than about 1/4-1/3 of a stretch nowhere near double. I've started to allow them to get taller before I switch
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

McEasy... I too have found that they haven't doubled in size but boy do they stretch!!... as I haven't experimented with LOADS of strains I feel it is a good 'rule of thumb' to keep in mind though....yes?!? 😊

Comment

Some strains do stretch more than others 4sure but I'm thinking that lights have alot to do with how they stretch. I'm only on my 2nd grow with my quantum board lights so I don't have alot of different strains to compare I'm thinking like 4 or 5 but I have noticed a definite difference from the old blurples but my 2 blurples are 113w each and my 2 qb are 205w each so that's a possible reason for the difference not just spectrum. Unless I do a bunch of different experiments or find a credible article about it I will never know. 30 years of growing off site where I would only visit my plants once a month or so I wasn't able to see the daily changes that I can now growing next to my bed, plus I didn't even know that there were people online openly talking about growing until like 3 years ago then my paranoid brain kept me from talking to anyone until a few months ago (thought half the people were cops lol) you can tell it's early I'm just talking in circles and babbling on and forgot what we were talking about lol sorry for the book of coffee induced thoughts

guess what I'm trying to say is I'm still learning this shit after 36 years and getting sick 5 years ago I opened a whole new way of growing by 3 years ago finding pandora's box on the internet 🤯🤔🤯 I didn't even know existed..... I'm sure having fun learning though 🌲😎
                  TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                  TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                  3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

Of the 3 plants I have one has doubled in height which is my fat banana that seems to be showing a little more of a sativa look than the other fat banana that has only stretched maybe 60% but is more indica dominant. The critical crack I have has maybe stretched about 75%
                    3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
                    Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
                    Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
                    Couple of fans for airflow
                    First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
                    Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
                    Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

@McEasy.. You're all right!! I too have only just found that people are talking and sharing info on growing just in the last year!!
                      Because of GWE, Ive learned shit-loads and am getting better..(in that short time. Knowledge is King)
                      Loving it!!

Comment

That is awesome you have found this a good resource, so have I. Lots of smart people here and they're willing to share the knowledge. As has been shared already, plants are pretty much done with their vertical stretch by week 4 unless you have a really long flowering sativa. This is the point when you cut out the nitrogen and let the buds swell as they approach harvest time. Looks like you will be making it to harvest and will have some nice smoke to enjoy in the future.

Comment

ChadWestport .. Growing, I suppose like anything you take an interest in, is more complex the more you go along and learn about.. My last grow was actually better than this one. I'm like WTF?!?,, I have more knowledge now than I did 6 months ago so technically, this grow should have been "Better"!? 😬
                          Noo, the seasons and the unexpected pop-up problems all contribute or in this case, take away.. Sigh.....
                          Aren't doing badly but keep thinking that with each grow I'd get better but at the least I'm still gaining knowledge cos you should learn from your mistakes, right?
                          Its just frustrating as it IS alot of time etc from start to finish and we all want the maximum results, eh?

Comment

There is definitely a point of getting in the way of the plant. It basically will grow itself, but there are many ways to make it do better. I have made the error of trying to do too many things, by the book, but basically playing plant god and that didn't always turn out the best. The more I know, the more I try and let the plant do its own thing. They don't need to be micromanaged on the home grow level. Plus or minus a few grams per plant on each harvest isn't going to make or break us, but when you have 5 acres of it and it is commercial, thats when the tiniest of things make a huge difference. I guess that is a long way of saying, I agree, don't try and outsmart the plant. lol.

Comment

YOU CAN'T FOOL MOTHER NATURE . She'll win everytime 🌲😎
                              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                              3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X