4-way LST questions. New grower!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-way LST questions. New grower!

Hey guys, I'm a relatively new grower here, currently running my 3°cicle, but the first 2 was with autoflowers, witch I have a lot of troubles with but learned a lot, and now I'm starting with fotoperiods. I have 4 Nicole Kush with 13 days that are almost in time for topping. So I was reading the 4way-LST training for scrog and got some questions. I didn't understand exactly were should I do the 2°topping. When he said " All those nice new sprouts coming out of the middle of each arm……pull 'em! Everything DOUBLES again!! (below) ", what branches he was referring to? The 2 top main colas or the 2 of the bottom also?
    The girls are in a 4L pot and I'm planning to transplant them to a 20L pot. When is the best time in this situation to do the transplant?
    thank you very much in advance guys.

This forum has some pretty awesome tutorials on mainlining and manifolding. The part that helps me most is the pictures, which those articles here have. Click on the Growing Basics link at the top of the page, should take you to the section with those articles.

I like to transplant as soon as I see a few root tips poke out of the bottom drainage holes in your container.

Comment

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: What is Main-Lining Cannabis? Ultra-Quick Guide to Building a Manifold

Comment

I'm not planning to do a manifold, just training my plant for scrog. I've read the whole tutorial, but didn't understant exactly in wich branches i should do the 2nd topping. Thanks on the transplant part, i'm going to wait for that.

Comment

Manifold or Scrog, the 2nd topping is at the point your grow tips from the 1st topping have at least 4 nodes. Top them at the 3rd. It's all in the tutorial.
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

What I've found is that 6-8 main tops are ideal for me.
            I use trellis netting in my RDWC and each plant occupies a 2x2 area.
            I normally have the 1st net about 13" above the pot, so I will top at the 4th node, leave the 3rd and strip everything else.
            I will let the 4th node grow a few more leaf sets and then top that pair back to the first leaf set.
            Once they reach the 1st net, they get flipped to flower.
            The 2nd net about 13" above the 1st allows me to spread out the canopy.
            https://photos.app.goo.gl/kbhAE4aHBzsauHzU9
            https://photos.app.goo.gl/8pbJPpfVEYNUPh8J6
            Last edited by gbauto; 10-24-2020, 05:09 PM.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I see now guys, thank you very much. Nice harvest for you all.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X