mold on top of soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mold on top of soil

hello my friends, so i planted two seeds Tuesday evening, and put them inside my tent. when i got home today, i went to water them, and there is mold all over the top soil. i didn't have any fans on, as I didn't think i needed them yet? the seeds haven't sprouted, do you think they will, or should i dig them out? can I scrape the top moldy soil off, and put the outdoors, and see if it goes away? any advise?
    Attached Files

Probably not much help here, but I've had that happen quite a few times, an I can't remember that it ever caused any harm,
    If I remember right, it went away after I got the fans going.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Are you using any organic ingredients in that soil? What kind / brand is it?

I would turn the fan on to get air moving in the tent, but you need to have a way of measuring the temperature and humidity in the tent. Preferable a unit that shows you the high and low peaks too. You can find these on Amazon for $10. I suspect your RH is off the charts right now.

Comment

I use beneficial microbes with Tribus in my coco grows and it's not unusual for me to have signs of microbial growth in the medium.
        Never had any issues.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          That's completely normal for good soil to have mycelium fungus growing on it. It's not going hurt your grow at all it's good fungus

wow, that's great news. the seeds are northern lights auto fems, and the soil is a 50 /50 mix of fox farms ocean forest and happy frog, with 25% organic perlite mixed in. first time I have mixed the two, but I read somewhere it works good for autos.

Comment

I've seen many people who have done that mix. I haven't myself but as long as you control the airflow and humidity, seems like you are going to do great.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X