Delayed harvest input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed harvest input

I could really use some advice on this conundrum.

I was planning on cutting down my remaining plant tonight. However, I remembered that my cleaning lady is coming to the house tomorrow and I'd rather not have her see a bunch of drying branches in my laundry room. At the same time, tonight the weather is going to get nasty. 70km winds and brief torrential downpours. I'd rather not leave the plant out there in this weather. So, the only solution I can see to get this plant out of the weather and out of my laundry room is to cut it down and hang it in my shed. However, I won't be able to finish the cutting, trimming and hanging until the next day, let's say 18 hours after cutting it down.
    Thoughts and opinions welcomed. Thanks!

Some people actually prefer to trim after it’s completely dried, so waiting a bit to trim won’t be a problem.
    Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem to hang it up in the shed for 18 hours, just be sure the air isn't stagnant and overly humid in there. Lots of people do prefer to do a dry trim, basically you remove the large fan leaves and then hang dry. After about 7-14 days when it is dry, they trim before putting it in jars to cure.

You can also have them hanging in the shower if the cleaning lady does not go in there.

Comment

The shed will be shut for the day, but the weather is going from around 70 degrees tonight to around 45 tomorrow. All the fan leaves were removed last week, so I just have to take the bigger sugar leaves off. The cleaning lady definitely does all the showers in the house. But not the shed

Comment

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          If you can put a fan in with it it would be better but I think it will be fine for a few hours just don't forget it in there for a couple days lol

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          Indeed, do make sure you have some moving air in there. Doesn't need to be directly on the plant though.

tell her to take the week off

Comment

Personally I'd do my own cleaning but if you need her to come in, I think you'll be AOK with the shed... 😊

Comment

LOL I'm with TenX2 heehee, sure just hang it in the shed untrimmed.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X