No announcement yet.

1st real indoor grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke out most of the medium and the roots looked fantastic. There was a 10-12" thick carpet like root system that I had to break into to get this out.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3277.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	4.52 MB
ID:	64238
    Then decided to have a little fun... can you see the face??

Name:	IMG_3279.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	5.63 MB
ID:	64239
    Long hair and beard...hahha
    Then a shot at the main roots...

Name:	IMG_3278.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	5.38 MB
ID:	64237

Comment

Great job on that one plant...looks awesome...job well done

Comment

• cyberaktif
        cyberaktif commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks mann. i love to grow marijuana! can't wait to get a few more rounds under my belt so i can try and automate it as much as possible. and dial it in.

Budd look good and trim looks good! I bet you will do more defol during the next grow cause it will save you time off that 5.5 hours lol. Peace!
      Perpetual setup!

Comment

• cyberaktif
        cyberaktif commented
        Editing a comment
        man i hope so.

Looks great, long as the light isn't putting bunch of heat on your hanging bud I belive your good. Mine is hanging in room with 2 tents, and a t8 veg light. Temps in the low 70s. Your plants look great.

Comment

Well...weighed the first plants dried fruit and came out with 169 grams and it was really dry! I put a boveda pack in each jar and curing has now begun. Lets hope the harshness goes away and the taste comes back as it smelled but it is not too bad. Hung to dry for 6 days and was REALLY crispy when it was put into jars. Temps were 68-74 and humidity was 40-50 %. The others are going into jars after 3-4 days so not a crunchy. All a learning curve still.

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
          Jibblerjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          I've used biggest Tupperware bowls, before I jar it up. If after 3 days of daily checking, if they moisten back up leave the lid off . Once the big buds will snap when bent, I jar them. I've also jarred too early, had to dump them back out for more drying. Seems to be a fine line for perfect smokability. If it does get too harsh , you can make edibles. Very nice haul on your plant. I have a feeling your gonna need more bigger jars

• cyberaktif
          cyberaktif commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah. a few cases so far is what i'm thinking if not more.

some pictures as I know we all love them...

Name:	IMG_3281.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	66707Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3285.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	4.00 MB
ID:	66708

And then A for anarchy...

Name:	IMG_3284.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	66709

Comment

nice nugs cyb! wouldn't worry too much about overdrying them some. never cured a crop but been messing around improving cures on dispensary flowers with excellent success. as an example I picked up an oz of lemon cheesecake couple months ago. half out for smokin, other half in a jar to cure a month or so more. turned an already badass smoke into a whole nother animal! super funky face wrecker.
          the only time I haven't been able to do this is when the flower comes to me absolutely bone dry. can't do anything more when that happens, the curing culture is dead.
          pretty sure those beautiful nugs will be just fine!

Comment

• cyberaktif
            cyberaktif commented
            Editing a comment
            hahah...super funky face wrecker...love it! thanks

Great job....each harvest will get better and better...
          smoke up and enjoy!!

Comment

• cyberaktif
            cyberaktif commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks dude. learned a lot by reading everyones posts on here and the site is a wealth.

• cyberaktif
            cyberaktif commented
            Editing a comment
            been medicating all day...it definitely is working.

Looks awesome dude! The humidipacks will do their job, i stick a lil hygrometer in there and it reads spot on! Your curing area temp and RH are where they need to be and that helps keep the glass jars cool!

I thought the same thing on my last harvest and jarred them a day early. The humidity spiked to almost 75% (without a humidipack) so i learned my lesson. I popped the top for another day and they were fine just keep an eye on them daily. Peace!
          Perpetual setup!

Comment

• cyberaktif
            cyberaktif commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah the grow store didn't have any small hygrometers so left empty handed on that front. now i only leave it hanging for 3-4 days 5 at the most with the low humidity that has moved in the area.

while trimming i noticed something a little strange...seems like there are seed pods in the most dense buds of the second to last plant. i wonder if it is just part of the bud that i'm seeing. if in fact that is what it is that means i have a hermie. these are all clones from a female what would cause this to happen? i mean sure they had some stress in their lives but i need to find out so it does not happen again.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3296.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	67063

Name:	IMG_3307.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	67064

Last edited by cyberaktif; 03-12-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
            intergalactic_harvester commented
            Editing a comment
            dude, that IS strange....in my new guy eyes...
            can't wait to hear some answers on this one...

• cyberaktif
            cyberaktif commented
            Editing a comment
            this was cut at 70 days...wondering if i went too long?

All bud calyxs look a little different..

Comment

Look for signs of an outer shell, or the classic pop noise during medication. Ive inspected my calyxes with the same curiosity and awe! So interesting to look at
            Perpetual setup!

Comment

• cyberaktif
              cyberaktif commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah right on ! i thought those were the buds or calyxs that were forming. The last two plants were the most dense of all the buds.

so are these bud material that i'm seeing? they look like a bunch of tiny tiny grapes, when i popped one open there was a little white speck in there. almost like an early seed but don't know for sure. getting bummed that all my hard work isn't going so well at the end... i need to learn from this but need to find out what caused it to herm in the first place (if it did) in order to advance with knowledge.

Comment

Hey cyberaktif, congrats on the great grow and the awesome set up! I also built my own room in an outdoor building that is 10 x12. Inside I only have one grow room, 6x12, the rest is kind of like a boiler room where my timers, ballasts, reservoir , etc. I'm about 4 weeks out from harvest, hoping it goes well. My post is under first grow, first forum.

i can't help with your last question as I'm gaining experience and knowledge everyday.

But, I've read your awesome post and wanted to add my 2 cents on controlling room temp. I have been able to control heat/humidity quite well, even during the winter when it's been snowing one day, raining the next! Living in eastern Canada so winter is a mixed bag! The quick and dirty was that I used two low powered inline fans placed in my boiler room to either push air from the boiler over my HPS lights and vented outside. If it was really cold out, I could easily switch the fans to pull cold fresh air from outside over the lights, heating the air slightly inside the boiler room then it was pulled into the grow room with an adjustable 400cfm fan and then the grow room was vented with another adjustable 400 cfm fan to keep fresh warm or cool air moving in the room. Most times I had one fan pulling fresh air in over one light, and the other was pushing air out over the light. This ment that the only time I needed a heater was at night when I would turn the air exchange almost off so that my space heater in the grow could keep thing warm. Sorry for the long ramble. If your interested, I can post some pics, I heard somewhere there worth a thousand words.

the lights I'm referring too are two 600w HPS lights.

Comment

Good morning Chowder ! Thanks for the compliments and nice words mister. Yeah this winter has been a really weird winter. One day cold as hell and snow, then the next warm and rain.
                I have not gotten my room ventilation done just yet. I didn't want to be cutting holes and have the mess onto the plants and I was running out of room fast so made due with what I had. One of the problems that will surface with me pulling air from the barn in the winter is that it will be 0* to 30* air going into the lights. The problem with that is that the air will condensate like a bitch and corrode the electrical connections over time inside the lights. I plan on pulling air from inside the veg room (warmer than barn), through the lights in the bloom room, and back into the veg room in winter only with a filter. During the summer it will vent right outside and remove hot air from both the rooms. Each room will have an exhaust for air exchange and heat removal to try and maintain a certain temp. Was just waiting for this round to finish to resume work on the rooms. Almost all connections I used a tee so there are options later and just block off the ones that are not used.
                I wasn't ready when these plants arrived. Yes please post pictures of your setup. Always looking for a better more efficient way to run everything. I'm thinking of running 600's instead of the 1000's on this next round. Really only wanted 4 plants max in there at one time.

Comment

• Chowder
                  Chowder commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I ended up with the same problem of too many plants! Learning curve, will germinate less next time or discard / pass on any that I don't have room for. Thanks for the input about the condensation, I've been keeping an eye so far and it seems ok, fingers crossed. I plan to make a veg room also, and that's where I'll re-vent air to warm or cool before rerouting air to bloom room.
                  I wish I went with 2 1000s vice the 600s, but that's how it goes right? Always want to try something new, or something I don't have! Lol
                  I had a plan for a room, couldn't get off my ass to build it, so I germinated some seeds which forced me to build and play catch up!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X