Epsom salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epsom salt

Anyone have use it ? I'm thinking of trying it in my organic soil for my next grow.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

I have, I needed it to treat a bad mag deficiency based upon inter veinal chlorosis. I did two feedings with it and the issue didn't get any worse. I did choose Agricutural epson salt because it also has a good amount of sulphur and other micro nutrients. I've read that you don't want to do it too much and that it should only really be done when needed. But I keep the bag and will use it again. The great part was, it only cost about $5.

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks ChadWestport I'll buy a bag in case I need it.

Stay safe

FarmBuck

Sorry to hi jack your thread Farmbuck but.......does epsom salt have to be the Ag. type or would a medical type be okay as long as it doesn’t have a bunch of stuff added?

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ChadWestport for taking your time to shed some light.

• buds73
      buds73 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did a little bit of research myself into Epsom salts as i had/have a magnesium problem that started to get out of control while i was waiting on calmag to get delivered. Xena You can use the Epsom salts from supermarket/pharmacist as long as on the ingredient list has magnesium sulphate only. I've used it once so far and it seems to have slowed it down if not halted it and will probably use it one more time as calmag not here till thurs/fri. From what i've read organic growers do use epsom salts in there soil although i've not used it that way. Ratios you will find a lot of variations the same goes for dosages for watering/folier spray. I used 1tsp in 2 Litres of water for watering.

p.s while looking into epsom salts i discovered that Chlorine is a plant micro nutrient.

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Epsom salt that is used for medical is listed as Epsom Salts USP.
      USP has tighter quality controls vs.ag grade.
      I always use the bags from my Wally world.

I've used it for years on my roses and weed. If i see a imbalance like rust or black spots or they been through bad heat for long periods and soil is depleted of nutrients i will do a wash/flush and they come back with stronger health, leaf are green soil can start to be given nutes again. I use it because it's been in our family for decades you can use it safely. Old farm science
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Great! So it's safe to use it in the soil also ?

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats where I used it, soil.

I add 15 grams to every 5gal bucket, i mix my own salts so thats what i use foe magnesium

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X