Darkness and drying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darkness and drying

I know you should have dark for curing but will light interfere with drying? As soon as I chop my little auto girl I will be switching to 12/12 and was hoping I could hang her in my tent while she dried.

Light and heat degrades THC so drying them in light will quicken the THC degradation. That said i dont know how much of an effect it will have. It may or may not be noticable but i have always dried mine in the dark. I personally would not do it but cant say for certain it will have a drastic effect on it. I feel with an HID or LED that puts out a lot of light it will not be a good thing. A little light here and there should not be a problem but 12 hrs of intense light could lower the potency of the bud.

Comment

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks T guess I’ll start looking at an alternate drying place.

Hi Xena I personally have not tried it but on here the other day somebody was saying that they used a big box inside their tent to dry closing it with lights on and open it when off. I know oxygen and light are the biggest things that degrade THC and both would be low in it so it sounds possible to do as long as the temperature is not to bad. I don't know if it would work because of temps and RH but thought I'd mention it and maybe you can Google it or someone will come by with a better idea
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Never tried it in the tent, because my tent reflects the light all over.
      but all my buds for drying is just hanging in the basement. I have literally no problem with it. It’s not totally dark, in daytime light is coming through the windows, but as long as the buds don’t get direct sunlight - they are totally fine. And from my experience I’m still getting high as normal - buds in dark or just buds away from the direct light of the sun.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure if at all possible it's a preferred method but i'm with CaptainWiese91 mine are hanging in a bedroom with the curtains closed strung up all over. There is ambient light but very low light.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X