Topping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topping

Just a beginner ,have read a lot but all referred to indoors ! Want to know advantages (if) of topping or other LST technique under sunlight only ,in terms of yields, cannabinoids quality ,growing time etc . I am a medical user (to be)

Topping and LST are not as necessary in outdoors as there is no height limit unless you are in a greenhouse. Some outdoor growers do top and/or lst so plants dont get too tall (like over the fence tall) but it is not as necessary since sunlight can penetrate far deeper than HID. Topping should have no bearing on cannabinoid quality but topping can add a couple weeks to the grow. As far as yield, i dont think it matters a whole lot as when you top you are removing apex bud making plant divert energy to other budsites.

Comment

I top regardless of whether I grow indoors or outside.
      Natural sunlight has the advantage of uniform light levels from the top to the bottom of the plant, while indoor lighting always has a substantial difference in intensity in as little as a couple of feet.
      That's one of the biggest benefits for indoor growing, using as much of the canopy as possible.
      I do it on outdoor grows to build a more squat, sturdy structure as well as increased colas.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Outdoor plants get plenty of light, but if you want to increase your yields ,topping an bending will help a good bit.
        You don't want to do topping if they aren't healthy an growing good.
        If your planning on growing autos ,I think most people top between the 4-5 node, if healthy an growing good.
        Good Luck with your growing.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

I topped all my outdoor gals this year do to reveg and there health. Made them shorter ( good for me and working with them ) and my colas are so much thicker than i've had in the past. I'm gonna top all the outdoor plants from now on. I grow indica hybrids. That's a older photo of them but you get the idea. These are all revegg photo plants which are now being harvested. Lots of bud. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200913_082502.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	461263
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X