Dark ash vs light ash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark ash vs light ash?

I have heard that the ash or your weed that has been smoked can show you if chemicals were used in the grow. If its like a dark color it does if it is lighter it does not? Does that mean it is necessarily chemicals or that the flower did not get flushed of its nutients properly?

I'm thinking that's what it means. I've seen in my own homegrown and others may chime in on this topic. When i flush with the molasses and don't do a plain water flush prior to cutting down.....the smoke and smell i think is rather dark.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Its all about how dry, how grinded and packed The weed is in the joint that determines how it burns, good burn=white ash

Comment

I read an article by some dr out of Ohio and what he said when anything carbon based is burned if the ash is dark it wasn't completely burned and the dark is the carbon that you left and when you completely burn it to white ash all that is left is the minerals calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, Etc. So the color of the ash has more to do with the temperature and duration the marijuana burnt.
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Fully agree.
          Everything Iv read on ash color outside of Bro Science leds to no correlation between color of ash and nutrients levels in the buds. I read a pretty good report on a 3 part controlled experiments the conclusion was final flushing does not remove nutrients from a plant at a real measurable level, the only real decrease was when the plants were also underwatered during the flush and it wasn't very significant. Plants need nutrients to finish, long periods of flushing and underfeeding can hurt yield.

I would be more worried about brands of fertilizer, synthetic or organic to use because you're going to smoke it in the end.

OK got it very good talk
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My last couple grows I’ve stopped giving any nutes after week 6 and used molasses every watering until harvest with the same results, ready to smoke off the vine once dry. Haven’t paid attention to the color of ash through.

Comment

Last year I did a blind tasting as an experiment. I had two super silver growing side by side and one I flushed and kept em marked, did a three week cure and gave it to the family and had them taste em and they couldn't tell the difference in taste or smell. If I didn't mark them I wouldn't have been able to tell em apart after the cure. Before the cure they definitely smelled different the one not flushed had a stronger hay or grass smell. I haven't flushed another plant since, well now I'm doing this organic grow and wouldn't have to anyways. Of course it probably makes a difference in how you feed I've never been a heavy feeder I don't think it helps and it's probably the cause of all the ph problems alot of people have.... 👈JUST MY OPINION
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            👇my one n only journal👇
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

this has been mentioned in several threads and here it is again; its not a big deal if you flush or not if you had a healthy plant that fully finished flowering and ripen as you stop giving nitrogen and senescence is triggered . but if you have a plant that has been overfed, with leaves full of nitrogen and nutrient build up at the roots and you dont let it finish then you will notice a difference from any other healthy bud.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X