Have they stretched to much??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Have they stretched to much??

Day 11 of flowering for my Gorilla Skittlez Auto (tallest) and Purple Punch Auto. I have. 600W vipraspectra dimmable LED. Growing space is 2x4. I am close to the lights with the tallest plant, 9 inches away. Had to lean it and tie it to the corner of the grow tent to get it to 12 inches. The leaves are pointing straight up so I think that’s good..... but what I’m concerned with is the spacing of the internodes. Nothing I can do about it now, but in some parts the spacing is 3-3.5 inches apart. Should I be concerned? Should I prepare for not a huge harvest? Or not having dense buds?

Those will fill in by the time of harvest. Have you ever thought of super crop? Squeeze the stalk till it flops bend it over do it works great when tops get to close to light, read up about it won't harm the plant. I don't know what amount your gonna harvest hard to say....but hey if it's your first time you will get to harvest some real good smoke.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DavShoe16
      DavShoe16 commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal I thought supercropping is high stress training, and shouldn’t be done in flowering? Just want to make sure... and as far a lighting goes. Someone said the one 600W LED dimmable Vipraspectra I have is not enough light for two plants, hence the stretching. But then again I know plants stretch the first couple weeks in flower.... I keep getting contradicting info and it’s hard to sypher through.

The 600w Viparspectra is actually only 132w. Your tent is 8 sq/ft and you want 40-60w per sq/ft for flower. You currently have 16.5w sq/ft so yes you have a lack of light which will make plants stretch and will produce buds that lack density. Dont look at led equivalent wattage but go by actual wattage. You may find the lower buds to be small and/or airy. Also keeping the apex bud means lower buds will not get as big. By topping you tell the plant to go to plan b and fill out the other bud sites making it more uniform and allowing for even canopy.

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      DavShoe16 I wouldnt say all is lost, just dont expect top shelf buds. LED's are tricky as most sellers advertise them as being stronger than they are. Depending on what version you have, the top buds could turn out quite nicely but the lower buds may suffer. LED efficiency is getting better and better so if they use a newer leds that are more efficient then they could be closer to 200w equivalency but its hard to say exactly. It should not affect taste tho. Looks, maybe the lower ones as they may be airy. Dont get discouraged tho, my first couple grows went straight to hash as they were airy and light. Once i started to understand more about their light needs i upgraded my setup and worked on plant training and topping to get an even canopy and began to see better results. It'll still get you high, but it might not look/feel like the buds you get from a professional grower and you may find you dont get the yields you expect. Thats why we keep trying and tweaking our setups and work on mastering plant training so we can get the most from our indoor grows. It doesnt happen overnight and may take a few grows to get the hang of but the fact the plants are not dead means you are doing something right so just keep at it.

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m no expert but right now I’m running 150w led in a 3x3, I think you’re in about the same situation, I’m not trying to light the whole area just where my plant is which fits within the manufacturers specs for flowering footprint. Yours says will flower a 2x2 so just plan on adding another light for future grows and keep on keepin on. You’re not gonna break any records for quantity but just keep em alive, growing, and healthy and I think you’ll have something to keep you happy while working on grow 2.

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      I think your best chance for getting the most out of this grow will be to train the canopy of your girls to maximize the footprint of that fixture. Because you're dealing with limited power, a 2x2 footprint would give you better results. I'd use some LST and HST to even out the canopy as much as I could to get it to fit into a smaller space.

Okay so I supercropped this morning on both plants, removed some low hanging fan leaves and little branches that had popcorn bud pistils that weren’t receiving much light, so I can fit it more inside the footprint.... did this all in week 2 of flower on these autoflowers... hope all will be well and I didn’t ruin them....
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you'll be fine just keep doing what your doing.

• Eliot Pryor
      Eliot Pryor commented
      Editing a comment
      I've done them that way many times with good results. Sometimes I tie a string to the top of the tent to hold the broken limb up.

Eliot Pryor you have done it in flowering with autoflowers before?

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
      Eliot Pryor commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I have done it to auto's and photo-periods. Lots of times.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X