Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest time.?

First time grower.. wondering how close I may be to harvest.. thanks

It's really hard to say at this point but it doesn't look fully mature yet.

Your indicator of ripeness will be to look at the color of the trichome heads. They will tell you when the plant is ready for harvest. General thought is to harvest when they are 10% amber, 80% milky and 10% clear. Over time, you will develop your own preference for the ratios.

Comment

• Cheeba
      Cheeba commented
      Editing a comment
      ChadWestport Oh I like that 80/10/10 guideline. When beginning a two week flush, what percentage of the trichomes should be milky?

Thanks.

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      With a new plant, I'll usually look for amber, once I start to see a very small amount, I'll usually begin the flush. Most often, I rely on my experience with the plant, I know how long it takes to finish typically, so I'll start my flush a few weeks ahead of the anticipated date.

• Cheeba
      Cheeba commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

Thanks for the info.👍

Comment

It looks to me that at some point during bud it began to re-veg. I had a couple plants do that from excessive heat this year. Where normally the cola would fatten up and fill in, they tend to get soft and put out 1-3 point leaves. Mine still had lots of trichomes and were sticky but just never got bulky. They're a bitch to trim too.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Some crazynes going on, heat stress can do that too

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        crucialbunny that's a fact about trimming. I'm doing that now with the revegg grow i had going this summer. GSC is the worst to do for me my gosh the amount of interwoven tiny sugar leaf is difficult. I left alot on the colas but man are they sugary.

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal, I spent nearly the entire day yesterday doing trim. Fingers began to cramp, blister on my finger, and sticky goo on everything. I still have 3 plants left to go including the dwarf. Since I'm uncertain about my pollination efforts with the dwarf I'm going to attempt to harvest it but keep it alive and re-veg it under lights. My obsession with that plant is verging on craziness.

Thanks for the info..I'm just outside of Toronto..southerly exposure with intense heat July and into August did almost pause the growth..things seem to accelerate again around Labour day..thanks again

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X