Help with WPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Help with WPM

I have been dealing with white powdery mold for a while now removing any leafs i see with it but it keeps coming back. The whole flowering, which is when the issue appeared, i have kept humidity below 50 other than one time and thats when the WPM made its appearance. I have one fan pointed at the wall that gets the whole plant kind of moving and temps have been topping off at 82/83F. As of the last week or two humidity has been around 35-45% which is lower than i been trying to keep it but i continue to see the mold grow. My buds are almost ready to be harvested but the mold is really starting to grow and im afraid it might become to much by the time harvest comes. How much WPM is to much at harvest? Is there any way i can wash it off without damaging buds or potency? And could lack of fans be why it continues to grow even with humidity and temps so low?

You need to clean the whole tent first of all, to get rid of any spores.
    then instead of taking every leaf of that gets it.
    Try a solution with milk and water. 50/50 and wash it off gently.

My experience the humidity doesn’t matter if you already battling WPM. The spores are already in there, and will find a sweet spot to develop.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Desil14
      Desil14 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you hopefully i can get this all settled soon because they are very near harvest

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect explanation from west.
      You can use ISO alcohol instead of bleach - it won’t smell that bad, but I think bleach smell will stay der longer than the alcohol

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Because it got impossible to buy Disinfectant, I switched to 35% vinegar, I sprayed a mixture inside my grow space, then wiped everything down. Soaked both my tubs in the same solution along with all tools (do not do snippers in this solution).. I had to replace one tub right before I started and just gave it a clean wipe out after I drilled the holes I needed. As luck would have that one tub developed root rot........ As far as I can tell the vinegar solution works well and the smell goes away quickly. You do want to wash the totes out until they sparkle with clean water or your ph will go crazy.

I think the Captain hit the nail on the head. You have to deal with the spores before you can eliminate the problem fully.

Comment

Milk should be used during lights on for some kind of reaction to happen to the milk and repeat it after a few days to make sure you got it
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I would spray it on wipe off anything that you can see has wpm then respray it. If you are in flower make sure after you are done wait for a few then shake the hell out of the buds to get as much moisture off of them as possible because if you leave em full you'll be fighting rot next
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• Desil14
          Desil14 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thought i was doing the right thing removing any leafs with signs and keeping humidity down but it just keeps coming back. Appreciate all the help and hopefully i can get it resolved before harvest

Milk should help you stop it as long as you do it with lights on might have to do it again in like 10 or 12 days just as a prevent defense from it coming back.... 🤞
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

Milk did not work for me, read this thread
          Two teaspoons of apple cider (Heinz Apple Cider Flavored Distilled) vinegar in a quart of water seems to have gotten rid of WPM I had been battling for many months. I was losing better than a leaf a day. None yesterday or today and I don't see anything new. It's not a pot plant but a good to know if I get it on one.

Comment

I have WPM and I followed the steps listed above, removed all plants from tent, cleaned complete tent with spray Lysol closed Tent with fans on for two hours. In parallel I sprayed my budding plants with water and wiped all I could. Once dry I sprayed plants with 50/50 percent water and milk. Waited a bit and shook them all well. Finally when all smell was gone in Tent and plants were dry I placed the plants back in the tent as usual. I had no signs of any bud rot. Maybe went a little overboard but I’m hoping this works as I only have two weeks left at the most until they are cut.Any feedback welcome.
            Last edited by Jo2; 11-02-2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Shankemdirty
              Shankemdirty commented
              Editing a comment
              I did the milk method as well but it did not work i got 3 weeks left so trying the apple cider vinegar method and i might actually do the bud washing at the end that makes sure there is none on the buds themselves with the baking soda and lemon juice i heard it does not effect potency / the trichomes but i would rather do it then see my harvest in jars curing and look in and find White powder mildew spoiled the entire crop best of luck on your final 2 weeks i am hoping to survive my final 3 lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X