Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need confirmation, will hate your answer :’(

Hello everyone, new grower, first post.

Pretty sure these are males, just want to make sure before I murder them. I’ve been growing for about a year and this is my best grow to date so I wanna make sure they are males. And 4/4 of my seeds show these male signs and what’s the odds of that. Everything is perfect this time. PH from water and soil. Environment. Lights. Air circulation. And there are 3 autos from a different company doing great so that confirms it’s not the environment or something terrible I’ve done.

what are the odds 4/4 would be male?!? 🤦‍♂️

Thanks for any advice and I look forward to being more active in this lil community 😎

I planted 5 Hash plants last year and got 5 males, the 3 replacement seed was 2 males and 1 female, the BB3 this year 6 males 2 females, this is why folks go after feminized seeds.

Comment

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      ah man, I love some hash plant. Definitely would have kept a male and made some beans for the future. Thats a bummer ratio though.

Yep: those are some big ole pollen sacs, long, lanky texas-style males...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thought you were talking about me for a second there alltatup :-) And yep they are boys

aaaaaaa shit that its really ...

Comment

It definitely happens, next time you might get all females or 50/50 or 90/10 or all males again, it's a real crap shoot with regulars. Always plant more than you need, especially if you're only after females. Honestly I just recommend buying or creating feminized seeds to anyone who has no interest in growing male plants. I've got some regulars going now myself but I sprouted some fems too just to be sure that I get some ladies.

Comment

Ahhhh sorry for all your ⚽️ 🏀

Comment

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          ahahaha, great use of emojis.

I bought reg. seeds auto flower got 3 males they replaced the seeds.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

WOW so many males in one place
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Sausage party here.

YMCA! That song is stuck in my head now.

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
            OlderNOTwiser commented
            Editing a comment
            That was just cruel! I gotta go defoliate my victory garden after the frost and THAT is stuck in there now. Gonna be a long several hours now.

• lalaland
            lalaland commented
            Editing a comment
            You sir, absolutely suck😂😂
            Thanks a lot for that👍

• ChadWestport
            ChadWestport commented
            Editing a comment
            lol, sorry.

Thanks for the confirmation. I typically buy feminized but I thought I’d give the “grab bag” a shot.

it’s not a total loss I guess. Learning something every grow and the fact these did so much better than any other that I’ve done tells me I’m doing the right things finally!

I considered letting them go all the way but I don’t wanna sanitize my entire house and the end results will probably just piss me off all over again.

what a waste. Chop them and rebuild 💪

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I grew some regular seeds early on, and once you learn what you're seeing, you'll never be in doubt again. I'm glad I grew them and learned.

I think two of them are girls you know females.... I see a possibility of alot of free seeds and a little bit of smoke. I could be wrong but middle and middle left I would definitely double check em. Hope you didn't kill them all yet.... Dogfather117
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Go buy some feminized seeds. From someone who used to primarily grow from bag seed, even if they would’ve been all females the battle wouldn’t have been over. 50% chance they would’ve hermied on you during flower.

Comment

One can get hermies from feminized seed too.
              Bag seed can be fun (and a cheap way to learn a few things), just dont depend on it for a harvest, then if you get some nice fat sticky buds, bonus! Even then you dont know what one parent was, it could have been a hemp plant and show those genetics. Most often a bag seed will be female as the grow had a hermie in the crowd. My last bag seed run was 6 hermies, smoke was great I tossed the seed so I do not promote hermies!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X