Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaping flower? Preferred devices? How do I...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OlderNOTwiser if your looking for hard rips like if you were smoking but vaping the herb instead I would go hands down with the Dynavap Vap Cap it’s small and portable. Only thing about it is you need a torch to heat it up but that lets you play with the temps and that’s how you can get a simple flavorful hit or a hard hit. I have an Airvape which is good on the go for example if your walking just turn it on and hit it works well. I also have the extrem Q Arizer I only use at home it’s like a desktop vaporizer that fills up a bag with vapor and you can pass it around with friends and family. My favorite from the 3 is the vap cap Because it’s a small bowl and I usually get 2 or 3 hits from it plus I like the attachment so I can use it on my small bong and take vape bong hits. What I like the most from my vaporizers is I no longer have a cough from smoking my lungs and chest feel good and the effects are strong. Usually you end up using less bud than if you were smoking, maybe that’s why some feel it goes away quicker but then you can just vape more or just vape a lot at first either way I feel I save more bud this way than smoking which I can’t stand anymore. Sometimes I will overheat my vapcap and burn the bud and damn it taste horrible. I would say go on YouTube and search all these vapes so you can see them in action. I own 3 different vap caps and I recently purchased a low temp cap for flavor it’s really nice. Once you vape a sack you’ll never go back lol..

Comment

I recently bought a Pax3 and I love it. It sounds fancy with the downloadable app and hidden games and all, but it has basic features too so you don't really need the app unless you want to fine tune your settings. The oven is on the bottom and is really easy to load/empty and holds 0.3g. That doesn't seem like a lot, especially if you roll 1g joints all the time, but it seems to last just as long and gets me the same result with less weed. As far as how fine to grind the weed, it doesn't seem to matter as long as it doesn't have a lot of huge chunks in it and you can pack the oven tight. Battery life is pretty good from what I've seen so far, I can use it quite a bit throughout the day and recharge it at night, sometimes a few days between charges. The price tag is a little higher than some but what appealed to me was the 10 year warranty it has. Most others that I saw only had a 2-3 year warranty but were cheaper. I opted to pay a little more for it because of that. It's also really portable and doesn't have a weird shape to carry around in my pocket (I take it to work with me all the time). I've read reviews on the oil adapter and probably wouldn't recommend it for concentrates but I haven't used it for that because I didn't get the adapter, and because I have a Yocan Evolve Plus XL for concentrates. I'm still getting used to the different flavor that vaping has but so far I love the Pax3. I know you already said you decided, but I figured I'd give another review to consider if you haven't actually purchased yet.

Comment

I bough myself a DaVinci IQ for my birthday last year...heavily cross shopped the Pax3. IQ has very precise temp control from 250-430 deg f and also 4 "smart paths" that will slowly increase temp 20 degrees over 10 minutes. it also has the app and customizable "smart paths" that I never use. I mainly use smart path 1 or 2. It has two mouth pieces - 1 is a "straw" which I prefer...the other is "flat" and better for the pocket or being discreet. As far as dry herb vapes go, i think it's awesome. Easy to load, easy to clean, good batter life, replaceable battery, compact, clean look...like the iPhone of vapes...nice. For me though, vaping is not as strong and lasts about 3/4 the time so i end up puffing on it for 20 minutes vs. smoking 1/2 a joint in 5 minutes...but sometimes I want to puff for 20 minutes...the vapor also dissipates almost immediately so nobody knows your smoking weed hahaha.i always grind as fine as I can as that is what DaVinci recommends.

Comment

OlderNOTwiser You should check out "Planet of the vapes" website, they have a great selection and good prices.

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
            OlderNOTwiser commented
            Editing a comment
            I did find Planet of The Vapes and spent most of yesterday on there. I ultimately ordered directly from Arizer. No extra stuff mind you but I didn't need it. Now if anything goes awry it should be easily resolved since there is no middleman.

OlderNOTwiser and anyone else interested, I shop from puffitup.com as good as planet of the vapes sometimes even better. And delivery to southern Cali is like 2 days.

Comment

Now that I've been "vaping" for a week one question still remains. Temperature. Following various guides and opinions I started around 365F and the flavor was nice but not much vapor. I've now settled in around 410F for a more satisfying session. I'm also realizing that my cured cannabis is just ever so slightly too moist. By grinding up a bud or two and leaving the grinder open I get the drying effect I need to start in a bout 20 minutes or so. And I have used a small bud in the Solo 2 and that is tasty.

What temps do you guys and gals use and why?
            TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
            EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
            AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
            IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Cheeba
              Cheeba commented
              Editing a comment
              I do 375 with my Yocan Hit. There are charts with ideal temps for the various terpenes and cannabinoids, for example THC boiling point is 315.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm still trying to get the hang of the vaping experience. I've had my PAX3 for over a year.

I read that keeping medium heat is best. It does produce vapor in acceptable quantities.

As a bonus, since you didn't ask, I would like to share one of my other vaping perceptions with you. I have a problem, in that I tend to cram as much in my Pax, as humanly possible. This results in expended cannabis at the rear side of the plug but relatively unconsumed product at the front. I'm making a concerted effort to put only enough weed in the chamber as will fit, without the cap coming unseated. I also limit the number of draws on these smaller hits.
            A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              As a new vaper with a PAX3 myself, I will say I like to start on the third setting for the flavor and finish on high

I get 2 5 min session off my vaporizer so I start at 365 then the second round either 375 or 380. With the extreme q seized same thing I start at 365 and work my way up to 385 by increments of 5 or 10 degrees. My vap cap I love hot hits but I also bought the flavor cap that clicks at low temps for more flavorful hits. Once you get up the 400 it’s almost like smoking in my opinion and the vape is too hot for me. 375 seems to be my favorite.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X