First indoor grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First indoor grow

First indoor growing looking pretty ok so far. Sour banana sherbet, 2 weeks from sprout. They’re in 1 gal smart pots now and I plan on transferring to 3 gal at some point (not sure when to do this yet).

Harvested my outdoor bag seed plants and they’re curing. I’m having a ton of fun with the indoor grow and reading as much as I can.

Thanks for all the great posts that I spend way too much time scrolling thru!
    Current Grow:
    2x Blue Dream Autos
    Coco + Perlite mix
    GH trio + CalMag, Floralicious, KoolBloom
    2x4x5 tent, SF1000 LED + Viparspectra PAR450

Looks like your off to a good start.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I was gonna do my first grow as cheap as possible in a space bucket. But I keep buying stuff! 2x4x5 tent, viparspectra PAR450, exhaust, carbon filter...now just added a SF1000 led. Plus nutes, ph , ppm etc.

just keep adding stuff. I think I’m done for a while.
      Current Grow:
      2x Blue Dream Autos
      Coco + Perlite mix

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Those look really good but did you transplant cause they are getting big? And they will get real crowded if those are photo period so be ready.

Yeah, I’m concerned about space. They are photo, 3 Sour Banana and 4 bag seeds. Thinking a couple of the bags will turn out male and be yanked. We’ll see.

the height issue is my big concern. Damn exhaust eats a lot of height (will prevent lights from going to top). I may need to rearrange.

im not clear on when to start flower. I think soon. I’m following GWE nutes schedule and it says week 4 transition nutes - will start that this coming week - but I don’t know if I should keep 18/6 or go to 12/12 on this.

love some help here...
      Current Grow:
      2x Blue Dream Autos
      Coco + Perlite mix

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that's a + with possible males and the space. Ya know once you go to 12/12 those males will show real quick and you can get them out of there without any problem with pollinating the females if you get them quick prior to them swelling real big or popping open. Just gotta be able to recognize male female parts. I don't use exahust don't need to my LEDs now that it's winter won't heat up the space over 80f if all closed up my humidity is very low in winter in our house. Just FYI

That's gonna be one crowded tent come late in flower. If vertical is problem you can fim/lst to keep em short but that'll bush them out and crowd your space even more.
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

My first indoor grow week 1. 3x3x72, Fox Farms Soil, 240 watt led had issues with light height but I think I'm close.

1 x GSC. 1 x Gorilla Glue. 1 x Caramelicious. the Bigger ones in the back is some old Bag Seed that I have used as my test Pilot Dummies they are getting removed this week.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20201025_135029.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.75 MB ID:	462852
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20201025_105353.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	462853
        Last edited by DHART; 10-26-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• DHART
          DHART commented
          Editing a comment
          From the only documentation that came in the kit is a ALPHA PHar 240w full spectrum. I wasn't too solid on it at first but so for pretty pleased with what I paid for my very first startup kit.

• Earlygrower
          Earlygrower commented
          Editing a comment
          How they coming along?

• DHART
          DHART commented
          Editing a comment
          Doing pretty good for newbie I think lol... I will post pics at the bottom.

Originally posted by Earlygrower View Post
        I was gonna do my first grow as cheap as possible in a space bucket. But I keep buying stuff! 2x4x5 tent, viparspectra PAR450, exhaust, carbon filter...now just added a SF1000 led. Plus nutes, ph , ppm etc.

just keep adding stuff. I think I’m done for a while.
        That's what happened to me as well, I started out thinking I would buy a 100 quid light and line a cupboard with tinfoil and start growing
        It didn't exactly go that way, a little later I'm looking at a 2/4/6ft tent, 2 x TS1000 Mars Hydro lights, 6'' AC Infinity Extraction Fan and a Phresh Carbon filter, Tower fan, other fan, 3rd little fan, all the nutrients from Canna, PH and EC meters, watering cans, pipe cleaners for plant training.... List goes on... LOL
        It' s amazing good fun though and I'm not regretting turning from, no budget to blown budget altogether....

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          JSH1973 Yeah, right, they are always coming out with the lastest great ,stuff right, it's addictive as hell, lol
          Lots of fun growing your own powerful medicine, .
          Cheers

• Earlygrower
          Earlygrower commented
          Editing a comment
          100%. Having a blast with my new hobby though. Something positive out of 2020 at last!

• DHART
          DHART commented
          Editing a comment
          agree 100%..

31 days old today and gave them all a pretty big haircut. Preparing to switch to flower soon. Hope I did this ok..,
        Current Grow:
        2x Blue Dream Autos
        Coco + Perlite mix

Comment

• DHART
          DHART commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice...

Decided to let veg another week (will be 5 weeks). I’m just concerned about height
        Current Grow:
        2x Blue Dream Autos
        Coco + Perlite mix

Comment

Well heck, 7 seeds started (bag seeds and a sour banana sherbet from dispensary). Figured I’d be composting the males but they’re all girls. Who woulda thunk it!

I tossed the runt into compost and pulled 2 others out as there’s just no room in the tent. I have the 2 I pulled under cfls until I decide what to do.

They’re about a week into 12/12 flip and coming along.

Love this hobby!
          Current Grow:
          2x Blue Dream Autos
          Coco + Perlite mix

Comment

So 4 of the 7 seeds were boys. Heh. This is actually fine by me as my tent is full with the remaining 3 ladies.

The Sour Banana Sherbet looks awesome (middle plant). One on right got too much trimming but oh well...live and learn.
            Current Grow:
            2x Blue Dream Autos
            Coco + Perlite mix

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Earlygrower you will appreciate having just 3 and with allowing them to veg longer bigger yields is what you get with less plant competition in the tent.

• DHART
              DHART commented
              Editing a comment
              Those look nice...

• Earlygrower
              Earlygrower commented
              Editing a comment
              100% happy to have only 3 in here. I can pay more attention and give them the space they deserve

Earlygrower, these are my 4, 3 of them are 30-31 days the 4th one has been my test pilot dummy and is about 43-45 days.

Comment

Coming right along...
              Current Grow:
              2x Blue Dream Autos
              Coco + Perlite mix

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking great really even canopy that's not easy to do sometimes.

• Earlygrower
                Earlygrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Lots of tie downs on taller branches at first. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Hope I don’t jinx it but this grow is going pretty smoothly. Big thanks to all the resources here and GWE.

Still a long way to go but doing alright I think. Biggest concerns now are light height - currently 8-9” from tops. And figuring out what to do with the clone I took.

Current Grow:
              2x Blue Dream Autos
              Coco + Perlite mix

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Uh oh that could be a huge issue with the lights are those getting bleached?

• Earlygrower
                Earlygrower commented
                Editing a comment
                They look totally white in these pics but they are not in real life. Lol.

I need to move fan and carbon filter out of the way tonight and I can gain about 7” more height.

SoOrbudgal sadly you are correct. They are getting bleached. Ugh!

I raised lights as best I can to 12” away from very tops and dimmed leds to 40%. Even the pistils low in the plants are white which I find odd.

will they recover? Anything else I can do?
              Current Grow:
              2x Blue Dream Autos
              Coco + Perlite mix

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X