What kind of strain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of strain?

This is my first time growing and of course I messed up my labeling of the different seeds. Is there any chance that anyone can se what kind it is by looking at photos? All looks very good but I have I have no idea what kind it is.
    Attached Files

The best you can possibly do is determine whether it is predominantly sativa or indicia. That in itself is a rather meaningless distinction. But; Sativa generally grows taller, has thin or narrow leaves and has more space between the branching nodes. Indicia tends towards short and bushy with wide leaves. Losing track of your seeds is my own personal trick. I currently have two rather nice plants in flower and I have absolutely no idea what they are other than the predominant strain and that they came from a seed bank.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Originally posted by OldManGrower View Post
      The best you can possibly do is determine whether it is predominantly sativa or indicia. That in itself is a rather meaningless distinction. But; Sativa generally grows taller, has thin or narrow leaves and has more space between the branching nodes. Indicia tends towards short and bushy with wide leaves. Losing track of your seeds is my own personal trick. I currently have two rather nice plants in flower and I have absolutely no idea what they are other than the predominant strain and that they came from a seed bank.
      I start out with a spreadsheet with everything important. And then forget about it. I've harvested a lot of either-or strains.

Comment

• Mazzariman
        Mazzariman commented
        Editing a comment
        No clue. Just call em My OG. Any body argues with you, tell em to shut up and smoke. They look like they will be mighty tasty. What's really in a name anyways. Everything now is a hybrid of some sort. If it knocks you down, Indica dominant. If it makes you laugh and order pizza, Sativa dominant. All I know is I have great plants every year and have no clue what they really are, but they wreck everyone that tries em. All came from the seeds with the fancy names originally. Have fun, enjoy, and keep track of what is what next time if you want to carry on a particular name. I sure wish I had kept track of my strain names! Damn those look nice though!

When I don't know what I'm growing I tell folks that it's called Nancy Drew because it's a mystery.

Comment

Since I don’t smoke myself, just fun to grow. I just loving it. When I harvest I have no idea what to do with it.
        This means I can not check it by testing. Some day I will find the courage to try, hope soon. . Here some more photos from my first try. By the thinks I read it soon harvest time... I hope. Click image for larger version

Name:	5138DB3F-36BE-4795-9114-28AF68E633E2.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	459773Click image for larger version

Views:	126
ID:	459777Click image for larger version

Name:	0D4F9D4D-C06E-4AFB-9228-091BCA3B9D1B.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	459775Click image for larger version

Views:	118
ID:	459778
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well Bona you got a big green thumb

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Just pack those pretty girls up and bring them to me!

I use labels for each pot, the label becomes a toe tag, er, root tag at the end, makes it easy for me to remember which is which.
        You may be able to go back to the breeder details and find which it is.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X