Is this flowering on 18/6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this flowering on 18/6?

My bag seed plants are still on 18/6 light but one of them has started to look like it is flowering. Is this the sign I need to switch to 12/12?
    This plant has been growing more vigorously than my others (about 50% more veg height) and the other two are not ready to be switched yet so, I'd prefer to wait until then.

Could be a male look real close for male parts. If you switch to 12/12 you will definitely see the sex of your bag seed. Can you isolate it with just a CFL light till the sex shows more?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Could it be an auto? Think i see white pistils when i blow pic up.
      3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
      Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
      Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
      Couple of fans for airflow
      First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
      Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
      Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with buds73 look like an auto.

Definitely a girl. And I do agree then it must be an auto flower
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I'd say it's more like the plant telling you it's sexually mature, so it's throwing out pre-flowers.
        All of the mothers in my veg tent have pistils.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

All three of my plants have white pistils which, if what I've read is correct, makes them all female.

If my bought weed was grown from an auto flower but has a few seeds in it does that mean it was pollinated?

My other two plants are starting to show the same 'pre-flowers' but are about a week or more behind the one in the picture. Can I get some advice on whether to switch to 12/12 or wait please?

Comment

Yes, the pistils make it a female plant.

Yes, if you pulled seeds from the weed you were smoking, it was pollinated. By what (auto, photo, male or herm), no one knows.

If you have autos, the duration of day and night will not matter. You can stay with 18/6 until you are convinced they are autos and female and then switch to the 12/12 schedule.

Comment

Autos dont need to be cut back to 12/12s, they will flower out at 24/0.
              How old is the plant in question?
              Autos start to flower at 3-5 weeks old and finish on their clock (56-130+ days from sprout). Photos can put on preflowers under long hours of light as well, that does not mean you must switch to 12/12s. You can keep a photo in veg forever, flower it and veg it again. I seeded 2 plants took the seed pods off and then grew flowers for harvest with no reveg.
              As said you know more about the strain then we do, you know what 1 parent was, did the grower know what the other was, who knows.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the info.
                Rwise - My plants are around 10 weeks from germination. Does that mean that they not be auto-flower then?
                I had an issue with over watering right when I was transplanting them and that slowed them down for about 3 weeks. Here's what my other plants look.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  10 weeks in veg, then they are mature enough to show pistils. Mine did too after that long veg time

Not autos, drop the lights to 14/10s and watch what happens! At this point they are ready and want to do their thing.

Comment

Well, I guess this settles the question about it being an auto. It's a boy! Now removed from the tent.
                  Is it unusual to have pistils on a male plant?

Comment

A hermie will have both, and would explain a seed in the bag, daddy was a hermie.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X