Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaf problem that looks alot like thripe damage, but no visible vermin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf problem that looks alot like thripe damage, but no visible vermin.

Hi There,

I´ve got a leaf problem that looks alot like thripe damage, but I see no visible vermin of any kind at all. I resolved a fungus gnat issue around two weeks ago.

The picture doesn´t show the shiny, sticky looking patches very well. Click image for larger version  Name:	Not Thripe.JPG Views:	0 Size:	98.1 KB ID:	458898

Also, it takes several weeks for the damage to show on the newest, uppermost leaves. The markings do not have a powdery, easily wiped off characteristic.

Thinking of trying the common baking soda & dish soap in a liter of water spray treatment that seems to be effective for a good deal of microbial fungus' & parasites.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    M.
    Last edited by GrowBabiesGrow; 10-13-2020, 04:47 AM.

Thrips look almost like a big piece of dust (to me anyway) without any magnification. It's really hard to spot them sometimes unless they move, took me a while to see the first one after I noticed the damage. Definitely looks like thrip damage to me. I got the stuff in the picture for pretty cheap and it works pretty good. It's super concentrated so the bottle will last a while (about a cap full of concentrate for a 32oz bottle) and was less than $15 (US).
    Attached Files

Comment

It’s thrips. Just battles those little fuckers.
      mine was easy to see. If you push the leaf, they will start moving. If they don’t are on the “up side” they are definitely under the leaves.

my solution which worked is ISO alcohol mixed with water. Spray all the leaves over - and under. Just before you turn of the light.
      never had an issue with this method, and my plants doesn’t seem to care about the alcohol. I stopped using pesticide of all kind. Also the organic shit, and started using alcohol.

no leaf damage beside the thrips..
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to hear.
        My problem was severe because I ignored it in the start. So I used a couple of weeks to get completely rid off them

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        I notice if there is a speck on a leaf, but I have a lot fewer leaves to look at than you. I am hoping they didn't get into the flower tent :/

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I have a bunch 🤣. One of the things about going from 5 to 9 plants lol.
        To be honest I used in the flower period also. Not spraying the buds, but continued to spray the leaves

Thanks for the advice!

Even with a magnifying glass, I cannot see any sort of vermin activity, but am more than willing to try the ISO+Water treatment since it doesn´t seem to be harmful to the leaves.

What ratios are you using?

Also, here´s a better pic of the shiny area of one of the leaves. Click image for larger version

Name:	Shiny.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	459039

Peace
      Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks thrips damage to me.
        I use a 50/50 solution.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X