No announcement yet.

Overtfert and flushed - run to waste - purple/brown and curling and stunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overtfert and flushed - run to waste - purple/brown and curling and stunting

Hello all! Thank you so much for letting me in here! I can't wait for your help guys.. I recently tried ot be clever and switched to run-to-waste (spent a lifetime on recirc), and the first time I add nutes look:

This is the current status after 2 rounds of flushing. I've fed a little bit over the last week, they're eating and replenishing with new shoots, but what else can I do to get these healthy again? Or am I doomed and need to restart??? Many thanks guys

Click image for larger version

Name:	f1.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	458524
    Click image for larger version

Name:	f2.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	458525
    Attached Files

I would start by not feeding them at all for the time being. Just looking at them in this state is painful. I'm sorry let them dry out and then start taking all rotting dead leaf off man this is a bummer for you.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Agreed, you have to let that dry out for awhile. I'm guessing this is why you have such extreme curling at the moment. It will need some food the next time you do water though, a healthy dose on NPK is needed.

Comment

Can you give us some more details on what you fed them and how much(ec/ppm)?
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Dont forget about the roots! They are damaged and need help to recover, I use Voodoo Juice. I would leave the leaves that are not completely dead as the plant will eat them, then remove them once dead. Also keep it in veg until recovered, it uses the same nutes to make roots as buds. If you add nutes I will suggest half strength, or less until there is good new growth.
          It wont hurt to do a bug check just to make sure those curling leaves are from the nute burn, and not bugs.
          And you dont say if its an auto, if so good luck there is no time for recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by gbauto View Post
            First feed was 1.8 EC (Hard water so base 1.0) .. worst run-off was 4.0 ;(

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
              Dont forget about the roots! They are damaged and need help to recover, I use Voodoo Juice. I would leave the leaves that are not completely dead as the plant will eat them, then remove them once dead. Also keep it in veg until recovered, it uses the same nutes to make roots as buds. If you add nutes I will suggest half strength, or less until there is good new growth.
              It wont hurt to do a bug check just to make sure those curling leaves are from the nute burn, and not bugs.
              And you dont say if its an auto, if so good luck there is no time for recovery.
              Not an auto thank god, but yes I will check for bugs and yeah EC won't be higher than 1.2 on any feed for a long while!

Comment

Thank you everyone else also, will definitely keep you updated

Comment

Originally posted by gbauto View Post
                  I would start low with around 800ppm. After that do a watering and then bump it to 1000ppm. Macro and micro nutrients are needed from the looks of it. An even NPK ratio will help with some vitamins (super thrive) and cal/mag.

Comment

Hey guys, this is two days after a (tiny) bit of food and a couple days to dry out:

Are they recovering ok or deformed?

Comment

Man i don't know they got to go through shedding of dead growth. Man i'd be tempted to wack off lots of those dying leaf.
                      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                      indoor/outdoor grower
                      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Looks to me like they are overrated and too much love.
                        Yes we like to give them food (like you said) - but too much and look what you have.

Do you want buds to smoke - or not? Then you should do and listen to what the good people here are trying to tell you - cuz we've been there and done that.
                        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                        Mars Hydro
                        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Sorry for the delay with defoliation the dead leaves.. should I do some more? Please check. Now the run-off is stabilised there are new green shoots popping up everywhere.. what are your thoughts on stunting the vigour for flowers?

Comment

Coming around - don't know what you mean by 'stunting the vigour for flowers' - but it's time to just let it grow. Water her when she asks for it - in other words - leave it alone.
                            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                            Mars Hydro
                            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks very much, it is definitely growing quicklyt now. Tips of all new shoots are still discoloured. I'm wondering if this will normalise on a new set of shoots?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X